Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

leeonbass

Good morning everyone,

My name is Lee, and I’m a bass player. I’ve just dragged myself into the 21st century! Just received a 3 month old Helix lt, and I’ve no real clue as to the need to register this unit in order to create a few patches I want. I’m a Pearce BC-1 user so that’s a setting I’d need for a start, I’m in a t at all couple of bands and cover the organ solo in Highway Star and Burn, the closest pedal was the EHX Cathedral so any help there would be brilliant. 

Cheers, Lee.

6 hours ago, leeonbass said:

I’ve no real clue as to the need to register this unit in order to create a few patches I want

You don't need to register anything to create tones... the Helix itself is not locked in any way! 

If you are talking about the ability to download custom patches... that is a Line 6 hosted repository. If they restrict access to registered users I think that is there prerogative. Why would you be reluctant to register a Helix in trade for access to something you want? At most you might receive some marketing emails... and you can OPT OUT of those if you want.

To register your product, follow this link:  https://line6.com/account/registergear/

That being said, if your LT is 3-months secondhand, you *may* find that the original purchaser already registered it to gain a substantial discount on Helix Native, before returning the LT, which is a scam in my opinion!

To find out, registered your LT and then go here to see if you are offered a $300 discount on Native for registered LT users!

image.thumb.png.47cff78a352690975b7678e7948a3f29.png

7 minutes ago, foxmeister said:

To find out, registered your LT and then go here to see if you are offered a $300 discount on Native for registered LT users!

I've already purchased Native using my registered LT, so this is what you would see if your LT has already been used for this purpose.