Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp: What happens with a stereo preset when connected with mono to a PA?

george_007

Hi team!

Maybe this is a RTFM-question but I've always wondered what the result will be for a stereo preset if you connect the HX Stomp

to a PA using only one cable (mono). Will you get only the left channel or will HX Stomp mix both channels and send them out as

mono (in Main Output Left)?

3 hours ago, george_007 said:

Hi team!

Maybe this is a RTFM-question but I've always wondered what the result will be for a stereo preset if you connect the HX Stomp

to a PA using only one cable (mono). Will you get only the left channel or will HX Stomp mix both channels and send them out as

mono (in Main Output Left)?

You are correct. This is a RTFM question. :)

The HX Stomp will sum to mono a Stereo Preset whenever the Left/M Output Jack is used.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I did the test. I set the preset with a stereo echo effect:

- When listening with stereo headphones, the sound is reflected alternately in the left and right ear. You can calculate these reflections with 1,2   1,2   1,2  1,2 until it disappears.

- Listening in LEFT (MONO) these are the same count of reflections: 1,2   1,2   1,2  1,2 by it is mono (sound is only in left ear);

- When we put the second JACK into RIGHT OUTPUT, in the left channel is only 1,1,1,1,1, without 2,2,2,2,2;

In conclusion, it is so physically done that by inserting only JACK in the LEFT (MONO) output you can hear both LEFT and RIGHT signal in the LEFT outpoot (MONO).

Regards :)

MilessDaviss

• 1 month later...

How can I manage to have the left and right output jack set as mono each? I want connect one of them to the FoH/PA and the other one to my amp/rig...

Is the signal always identical mono when no stereo effect (i. e. echon, modulation etc.) or special routing option has been used?

Or do I need to use a block to set this (for each preset)?

Thanks,

Stefan

Bavaria/Germany