Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp freeze twice

george_007

I don't know that it's common.  I don't know of a single electronic device that hasn't borked on me at one point or another.

So far the only HX Stomp issue I've had is one time the screen quit working. The signal was still being processed as it was supposed to, but the screen wouldn't tell me anything about what was going on.  I had to turn it on and off again to get it working again.

• 3 months later...

My 2-week old  HX stomp has been doing the same thing for the past couple of days. Haven't played out with it. Hasn't been abused in the slighted. It's been upgraded to the latest firmware since day one.

The freezing takes place when I'm adjusting values on couple of the different amps. It will still process sound, so it's not like a full on crash, however none of the buttons or knobs respond. It'll freeze, but it won't ever recover, though I haven't given it more than 60 seconds of time to recover from the freeze. So I don't know if it can even recover from a freeze.

• 3 months later...
On 5/5/2019 at 9:15 AM, batflash said:

My 2-week old  HX stomp has been doing the same thing for the past couple of days. Haven't played out with it. Hasn't been abused in the slighted. It's been upgraded to the latest firmware since day one.

The freezing takes place when I'm adjusting values on couple of the different amps. It will still process sound, so it's not like a full on crash, however none of the buttons or knobs respond. It'll freeze, but it won't ever recover, though I haven't given it more than 60 seconds of time to recover from the freeze. So I don't know if it can even recover from a freeze.

Did you ever get this resolved?  Is your unit still freezing on you?  I'm seeing the same thing, it's quite annoying.

• 11 months later...

Hi Guys, 

I just bought a new HX stomp and updated the SW version to 2.92.0 . While I was changing the preset, it froze completely ( no output ). The buttons on the HX stomp were responding but there was no output. I was using it with my HX Edit on PC. 

I re-installed the firmware 2.92 again and did a factory reset. While playing on the second day, it froze again. I am definitely going to send it back ! 

Please let me know if any of you have found a solution to this issue.