Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500, USB not recognized - Line 6 loop - Not doing Global reset

erikopul

Hello, I have been reading all the ways to do a Global reset, Firmware update, etc. 

My HD500 is in  a loop shows only line 6 in the screen over and over again, pressing the left arrow doesn't work as people has done it to get a global reset.

I can get the Update Flash screen, and the test mode screen as well.

Any help is appreciated.

Also i read somewhere that could be that the USB chip is dead, or another chip 

@hurghanico Thank you for the help, I'm willing to repair it myself (I have an electronics degree plus i teach electronics) can't spend more than 100 dollars on this unit has you have said there are other units for about 200, the thing here I was looking for someone to tell me what kind of component is the one that doesn't work :(, sadly Line 6 want to squeeze out money from repairs without trying to help customers even if they can help.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes,... surge can come from any of the afore mention reasons. 

But here in the original post, there are two problems, the damaged USB connector and the power cycling. 

Two different problems unrelated to the original post, it's not a blanked chip, it's some proprietary stuff I can't 

get into with end users. 

-USB would affect communications and ability to update and save edits.

-Power cycling with the resetting logo is something internal that can't fix by the user. Requires an authorized service center (no short cuts around that one). 

• 3 years later...
On 1/18/2019 at 1:14 PM, erikopul said:

I have check it out for a bad capacitor and nothing my next step will be measuring voltages in case a voltage regulator got burned, thank you so much for the help

Hi mate. I have the same issue. Were you able to solve it?