Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Increased Output level when placing fx on "Path B"

simmerswitch_

I'm experiencing an issue where, whenever I place effects on a B path, my overall output volume becomes louder than other Presets, when those fx on the B path, are switched off.

EG:

• 'Preset A' has all effects on a single 'Path'. This preset produces intended Output Level
  • 'Preset B' has some effects on a 'B Path', that 'B Path' merges before the end of the Signal Chain. This preset produces an Output Level louder than 'Preset A' when effects on Path B are OFF

Both presets have the same parameters for the 'Split' and 'Merge' blocks (that being Center/0dB)

How do I easily ensure uniform levels across presets, when some are using a B Path?

I don't understand why I have to fiddle around with A and B levels in the Merge parameter. It should Merge at the same level as a preset without a split/merge.

10 hours ago, simmerswitch_ said:

'Preset B' has some effects on a 'B Path', that 'B Path' merges before the end of the Signal Chain. This preset produces an Output Level louder than 'Preset A' when effects on Path B are OFF

Without having a patch to try (or even look at), this looks like a leveling issue.

• Turn all effects in path B off
  • Go to the "merge" block and turn down path B until you have the balance you want? 
  • Add the effects to path B one by one, adjusting the level/balance on those effects until the volume is even whether they are on or off. 

10 hours ago, simmerswitch_ said:

I don't understand why I have to fiddle around with A and B levels in the Merge parameter. It should Merge at the same level as a preset without a split/merge.

Parallel paths can be tricky to balance. The signal on path B is not processed by any effects it is bypassing from path A, so it can vary in volume depending on your setup. 

Since none of us has access to your preset, we can only generalize. 

• 5 months later...