Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshot "Latch" Mode not working as intended?

simmerswitch_

I think the HX Effects 'Snapshot Mode' "Latch" option in Global Settings is not working correctly.

EG:

• When 'Preset Mode' is set to "Latch", changing Presets keeps you in 'Preset Mode' -GOOD
  • when 'Preset Mode' is set to "Moment", changing Presets pushes you into 'Stomp Mode' -GOOD!
  • when 'Snapshot Mode' is set to "Latch" and 'Preset Mode' is set to "Latch", changing Snapshots keeps you in 'Snapshot Mode' -GREAT!
  • BUT when 'Snapshot Mode' is set to "Latch" and 'Preset Mode' is set to "Moment", changing Snapshots pushes you into 'Stomp Mode' -ERGH! WRONG. BAD MULTI-EFFECTS BAD! :P

This is wrong. 'Snapshot' Mode' set to "Latch", should remain in Snapshot Mode, regardless of what 'Preset Mode' is set to.

I want the HX Effects to dive into Stomp Mode after I select a Preset, so I set Preset Mode to Moment. But I want Snapshot Mode to remain visible when I'm using them, which I can't do.

• Like 1

Well, that is the intended functionality per the manual. Setting Preset Mode to Momentary takes you back to Stomp Mode. I agree with you, though, having it take you back to the Mode you were previously in would seem to be more useful. I actually suggested that to DI in an email awhile ago.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, simmerswitch_ said:

Do you reckon they'll add this in an update? I'm pedal dancing more than I should be because of this issue.

We can all reckon till we're blue in the face, but there's no insight to be had. L6 guards the content of firmware updates bettet than a bio-weapons stockpile. You can request features in Idea Scale, and your wish might be granted eventually... but if/when will forever remain a mystery.

• 3 months later...
On 1/16/2019 at 10:30 PM, simmerswitch_ said:

This is wrong. 'Snapshot' Mode' set to "Latch", should remain in Snapshot Mode, regardless of what 'Preset Mode' is set to.

I agree.  I also have the Helix floor and it works the "right way".  The idea here is that you can have the BANK up and down buttons showing on the left, tap one of them to see the presets (in momentary mode so they are blinking), tap the preset you want to go to and have it switch back to snapshot mode for that selected preset.  

• 2 months later...