Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix usb cable?

jcfetterhoff

Hello all. Quick question. I recently purchased a used helix floor. I am getting usb device not recognized error. I realized that the cable i ordered off of amazon says comoatible with helix lt. Is there any difference between the cables. If not which is what i assume, im not sure whats going wrong.

Thanks foxmeister. Sadly it didnt resolve the issue. Says the best driver is already installed. Unfortunately i dont have another pc. Part of the reason i bought the floor unit instead of the rack is to have a pedalboard to edit at my pc. Starting to get frustrated. I suppose ill use a friends laptop and see what i get. 

Not all USB cables are equivalent! If you have it available use the USB cable provided with the Helix Floor. The Line 6 provided cable has an in-line ferrite to help filter spurious RFI and EMI. If the OEM USB cable is unavailable, try several other known functional USB cables. By known functional, I am referring to the fact that they have been confirmed to be able to convey data and charging power with other devices. Some USB cables that are adequate for charging will not work to convey data! And, always try to connect the USB cable to your computer's buss USB ports. Many have had problems when attempting to connect via remote USB Hubs or peripheral USB jacks. 

USB 2.0 is what it is designed for. I'm in the "try different cables" group. I've used mine with an old Core2Duo, so it's not like you need a lot of processing power. If you're using a desktop, be aware that usually the USB ports on the front are a Hub, the ones on the back are attached directly to the mb/buss. If you're using a laptop make sure that the port you're connecting to actually works. Failing all that, you must know somebody that has a PC and is willing to let you install HXEdit and the drivers to test it out?

My brother used to have problems with using various USB cables for his Fender Mustang amplifier.  

We figured out that the cable had to be designed for charging devices, as well as sending data.

I don't think there's a wiring difference. I think it's the signal amplitude capacity that makes the difference.