Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stagescape M20d - Feature Requests

Hi all,

I use my new M20d as a submixer for my drums

( as long as the band .. still .. does NOT understand

what a excellent machine this is, hahaha !)

1) Doing Multitrack on the SD-Card works well.

But I didn't find out jet at what point the recording is grabbed.

Is it  Post-Trim  and  Pre-"any DSP" ? Probably also Pre-Highpass ?

2) Next issue is that Stereo-Master is recorded Pre-Fader

which trashed all my (first) recordings. I had to "mute" Master-Out

as it lies on Faders on the main mixer - and they don''t want to get

the Drums twice - one via the four Sends (Monitor Outs) and another from Master.

I would like to have the choice to record the Master-Out at Pre-Fader !

Possible ?

3) and that's also a wish:   a integrated Metronome ! .... would be "nice" !

Thanks and have fun with M20d !!!

Peter

To my knowledge, multitrack recording it post-trim but pre anything else, ie DRY except for trim.

AFAIK, the main outs is recorded pre-fader, but in this instance that doesn't mean there is no signal pre-faders. The master out faders govern how much of the master L/R bus signal is output to speakers. At unity (0) there is no difference in gain from one side of the fader to the other and I believe the main outs recording is precisely that.

As for why the rest of your band are getting the drums twice, I suppose would depend on how you've routed stuff. Without a schematic, it's impossible to throw light.

I'd have no need of a metronome but whatever floats your boat I guess!

As for why the rest of your band are getting the drums twice, I suppose would depend on how you've routed stuff. Without a schematic, it's impossible to throw light.

This is no issue, it's just a fact - my Drums go out via the four monitor outs (Bd, Kick etc .. separately)

And also they _would_ go out on the Main-Out if the "Main-Fader" (driven by the big knob) would be up.

To hear my M20d-recordings on the PA I need the Main-Out (with Volume up)

In case I record the drums I don't need Output !

(remember: I use the M20d as my Submixer, it's not the main mixer)

.. Well, I didn't try out what happens if I use the Mute Button(s) - does this also destroy the Main-Out-Recording ?

The master is recorded to the SD card post fader. This is necessary to prevent recording a clipped signal without hearing what happens. The background is that the 32 bit floating point internal processing can not clip but when it goes out to the 24 bit outputs the master fader is absolutely necessary to prevent potential clipping.

If you are looking for a way to mute all monitor outs at the same time you can "program" the Mute Mics button like a mute group:

- Press the Mute Mics button

- Make sure that only the monitor outs are muted

- Done

The Mute Mics button always recalls the status that it had the last time it was active. This can be used to create a mute group.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

a few Features that would be nice.

4)

Play recorded Tracks and add (record) an new one at the same time. For Second Singer or something else.

It is possible to record an play on the media player at the same time, but it would be ideal to start the playing and recording simultaneous . And to add only one  Chanel to an existing record.

5) An complete overview of all channels with level meter.

6) In the fader screen witch is great every time the  main out.

7) All faders together with flip pages left right, or flip pages (inputs ,outputs, etc) up an down.

8) Multitouch faders (faders simultaneously).

9) On I pad the RTA in the EQ section.

10) On I pad the knobs become fader on touch (popup) it become very easy to adjust .

This time v1.20 every time i want to adjust the knobs the knobs become other direction. Is it in the middle I had to do left and right, it is left i had to do up and down.

11) Save an downmix from an recording.

Have an nice Mixing!

Thomas

• 4 months later...

I guess the one feature I'd most like to see is;

The ability to only play back selected inputs from a recording.

We regularly rehearse and yet there are occasions where one, or more band members cannot attend. In these instances, our guitarist takes a gig recording and knocks out all the member who will be there, just leaving behind those who won't be there... but this takes time and we have to do it to a separate wav / mp3 file and play it back off hiss computer/mac.

How easy it would be if, on the recording payback screen, we could de-select channels from the recording, thus just playing back the missing member(s), the rest of us playing as normal.

You can just mute the channel the recorded track is having assigned. The recorded tracks are associated with a channel (stage icon.)

Nice quick response Arne, but if we mute the channel... the "real" band member is also muted.

If we're playing back the recordings, we can play over the top, but in the scenario I'm talking about we just want say the bass player's recording to play (as he isn't able to attend) but for everyone else to play through their normal channel along with the recording of the bass player.

• 2 years later...

A feature I'd like to see, besides the ability to link two M20d's (What does that stand for anyway?) is the ability to record certain channels. It records all channels even if they have no signal coming through them. I'd like to be able to record just channels 3&4 for example without capturing 18 other blank channels. If something is plugged in, it gets recorded. There should be a software switch to select which channels get recorded.