Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT25 COMBO and ditto looper

jaktom92

Hello, I have a question. When I plug ditto looper into loop effects and set chanel A as a clean sound (I preset) and chanel B as a hi gain  (IV preset) and record some clean melody on chanel A, and then switch to chanell B then characteristic of this clean melody change a bit (its still clean but more bassy and not as good as it was recoded on looper) , as I can observe characteristic of this sound recorded on chanel A changed depends on what preset is set on chanel B. Is it possible to sound exactly as it was recorded on chanel A (I preset) and not changing any characteristic? Second question, I heard that there is possibility to uprade some soft in DT25? How to do it? 

• 4 weeks later...

No,  When you change to Channel B, and all of the output characteristics are different, your output stage is going to be different, so you are combining the recorded "preamp" characteristics of your A channel with the loop, and when you switch to B, you are going to hear a combination of the A Preamp, with B'a power amp/output settings.  I don't know enough to say what settings change or control the power amp section.  

If you can figure out how to change only the preamp settings, you could theoretically get what you are looking for.

To upgrade the firmware, you need (form the DT25 support firmware page):

• A MIDI interface that connects to your computer via USB (download the current Driver for it if you don't have it installed) 
  • MIDI cables (or a MIDI interface that includes integrated MIDI cables) 
  • Latest version of the Line 6 Monkey application installed. Download Line 6 Monkey here