Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix 2.8 release likely not for several months

brue58ski

I thought of that too... But in that very same reply DI was answering something about the Helix Core 3.0 posted by someone.

So... the content of that answer could be at least considered "vague" or "ambiguous"... 

He`s the only one who can tell us when 2.8 is coming... The announcement will be given in the midst of the customer appreciation event on NAMM...

One week to go for it.

The pet feature is already known for those peeping TGP Helix thread...

Greetings and best wishes to all of those who can make it there...

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, BAmartin said:

I thought of that too... But in that very same reply DI was answering something about the Helix Core 3.0 posted by someone.

So... the content of that answer could be at least considered "vague" or "ambiguous"... 

He`s the only one who can tell us when 2.8 is coming... The announcement will be given in the midst of the customer appreciation event on NAMM...

One week to go for it.

The pet feature is already known for those peeping TGP Helix thread...

Greetings and best wishes to all of those who can make it there...

Arggghhh I don't want to hunt through that. Just give a spoiler alert warning and tell us what it is!

17 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

Arggghhh I don't want to hunt through that. Just give a spoiler alert warning and tell us what it is!

Do some peeping in the first three pages of the TGP Helix 2.8 Thread... It should be there...
DI has even wondered how the Line 6 Helix users usually hit the jackpot while playing the guessing game everytime he gives them a hint on something new...

Hahahahaa...

I don`t want him to get snarky at me... He`s the best plate spinner in the biz... 

Hope Line6 take their time with the release and get round to improving the Routing options:

eg. Send / Return blocks to and from USB,

or Send blocks to 1/4in or XLR,

and how more about Path output options:  eg.  Multi 2 "1/4 and USB",  "Multi 3 "XLR and USB",  

or even better - a user assignable "User Multi" so you can choose which outputs it gets sent to.

Much better for those of us trying to do fun stuff on our Helix with iPads or Computers and MIDI Guitar / synths / FX plugins / loopers and all that.

Or just simply trying to send to stage amp via 1/4in and bypass the IR / Cab block without wasting a whole path output for it

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Frankg111 said:

i voter for alternate tunings like on the variax.   Imagine with a push of a pedal, you have alt tunings available during a gig.  One guitar for the entire gig.  How kewl

You mean alternate tunings with a standard guitar? I don't see that ever happening, to be honest. Polyphonic pitch shifting will probably happen, but real-time pitch shifting for each string, well, that would be quite a feat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phil_m said:

You mean alternate tunings with a standard guitar? I don't see that ever happening, to be honest. Polyphonic pitch shifting will probably happen, but real-time pitch shifting for each string, well, that would be quite a feat.

We'll get laser weapons first...;)

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, BAmartin said:

Do some peeping in the first three pages of the TGP Helix 2.8 Thread... It should be there...
DI has even wondered how the Line 6 Helix users usually hit the jackpot while playing the guessing game everytime he gives them a hint on something new...

Hahahahaa...

I don`t want him to get snarky at me... He`s the best plate spinner in the biz... 

Only thing i saw was "Reverse Reverb" DI also said it was in one post on "some" forum thread some weeks ago he didnt tell WHICH forum you know he post on FB aswell and maybe on other media like instagram twitter.

14 hours ago, Lachdanan0121 said:

Actually, I did not. I have known about them for a couple of years now.

That was an attempt at humor since all news seems to be coming from that place these days...

And you are right, it isn't funny.

6 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

Amen... let's keep going around in circles anyway though. It's ever so productive!

How many bites does it take to get to the center of a nothing-burger? ;)

Don't know but i am hungry. Gotta grab the first bite.

• Like 1

Many features from 2.8 were announced by Eric at the NAMM Customer Appreciation party.  I love seeing Eric kick so much lollipop at L6, as he’s an old buddy that mastered an old band of mines album awhile back.  Not sure everything was mentioned, but what WAS is frickin amazing.. Let’s go:

2.80 : The “Missing Connections” Update (no release date given)

8 new amps

7 new FX

16 new features (so are real doozies)

Amps:

’58 Fender Tweed Dlx Normal, Bright, and Jumped

’16 Grammattico LaGrange Normal, Bright, and Jumped

REVV Generator Gain 2 Ch. (all other channels promised in future releases)

Ampeg SVT Pro (Channels/Features unclear)

FX:

EQ Shelving

EQ Tilt (described as a see-saw style with assignable Q/fulcrum)

Hermida ZenDrive

Analogman King of Tone

SansAmp Bass Driver DI

Ampeg Scrambler Bass OD 

Moog MuRF

Features (not entirely inclusive)

HX Unity - presets between all units and Native

Native ‘Unlimited’ - block limit for Native now defined by CPU, so ‘32 amps if you want’

Snapshot Bypass - Blocks can now persist between Snapshots, or be turned on/off across all SS’s at once

Pedal Position shown on display (i.e 32% shown in EXP1/EXP2 area)

Tap Tempo scribble now shows BPM

Momentary control of several Global/CommandCenter parameters, including Amp switching

Undo/Redo in Native

QWERTY Hotkeys via Helix (the aforementioned ‘pet project’) - send ANY key commands via Helix to DAW (or any other program, Mac or PC).. so we can now control our DAWS with our feet! I can see why this a pet project!  Eric demonstrated by controlled PowerPoint with Helix.

There was also some mention of DT series over L6 link, Helix to PowerCab or L6 link.. but I don’t have clear info. 

That’s its folks, hope this helps wet the whistle, I know I’m psyched.  Thanks Eric and Line6, we love you.  Have a great NAMM, avoid NAMMthrax.  If any of this is not for the people,  please delete my post instantly, I’m not trying to cause trouble.. just helping spread the love.

• 1 month later...

I may have missed it as there was a pretty big list of control features.  Was there any thought to being able to assign the input "block" settings to footswitches and also being able to set input A to off?  right now if you want do 2 completely different signal paths the method is pretty clunky with the A/B switch and then all the other stuff you have to do along with it.  It would be more elegant and easy to just make two independent paths and be able to with the inputs on each path to guitar or off with a footswitch.

3 hours ago, litesnsirens said:

I may have missed it as there was a pretty big list of control features.  Was there any thought to being able to assign the input "block" settings to footswitches and also being able to set input A to off?  right now if you want do 2 completely different signal paths the method is pretty clunky with the A/B switch and then all the other stuff you have to do along with it.  It would be more elegant and easy to just make two independent paths and be able to with the inputs on each path to guitar or off with a footswitch.

I would agree with that. One thing I do is have a pad on one path and a "normal" sound on the other, I used to just have the output level controlled by snapshots but if I want to hear the pad trail off after I switch over to the other path, I now have to put a gain block at the beginning of the pad path to essentially do what you described. I don't believe it's in the the list of the next update.