Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What Expression Pedal works with Line6 HX Effects?

TheoHolsheimer

What Expression Pedal works with Line6 HX Effects?

I like to work with effects from 0% till 100% without any isues

The Line6 EX-1 ?

The Roland EV-5 Expression Pedal doesn’t do the job apparently, goes to 60%, no matter what I do.

Never had problems with the classic Line6 Delay Pedal with the same Roland EV-5 Pedal 

is there a bug in the Line6 HX Effects about the expressionpedal topic?

Seems there are more people to suffer with this topic.

This is the one I recommend. It's sturdy, built like a tank, and has a dual switch.

I love the thing. Well, as much as you can love a pedal.

It's kind of a head scratcher that other pedals suffer. Line 6 doesn't indicate any special pedal is needed at all which is frustrating.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/mission-engineering-helix-rack-expression-pedal-black

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ledvedder5150 said:

You'd be better off getting this one, https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EP-1--mission-engineering-inc-ep-1-expression-pedal-black. The HX Effects can't use the footswitch on the SP-1.

Seriously? I just figured they had uniformity in official Helix products.  That seems nuts . . .

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have read somewhere that with the latest 2.82 firmware we can now use every pedal (volume or expression) connecting a standard mono TS cable. Is it true?

I also have watched some videos where someone used nektar and m audio expression pedals with success, but they have TRS connectors!

I am a bit confused.

Please help!

P.S. I know that the mission engineering works, but I would prefer buying a mid priced (made of metal, not plastic) pedal, not a super expensive one! 

8 hours ago, timeasterday said:

Do you use a TS or TRS cable? I have that pedal coming soon.

TS cable. Works great. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. I used a Line 6 ex1 before, which was ok, but was fairly weak and brittle. The sweep always seemed a bit odd also.

But the dunlop's just right.

On 1/18/2019 at 11:42 AM, Kilrahi said:

This is the one I recommend. It's sturdy, built like a tank, and has a dual switch.

I love the thing. Well, as much as you can love a pedal.

It's kind of a head scratcher that other pedals suffer. Line 6 doesn't indicate any special pedal is needed at all which is frustrating.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/mission-engineering-helix-rack-expression-pedal-black

On 1/19/2019 at 10:24 AM, ledvedder5150 said:

You'd be better off getting this one, https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EP-1--mission-engineering-inc-ep-1-expression-pedal-black. The HX Effects can't use the footswitch on the SP-1.

On 1/19/2019 at 3:44 PM, ledvedder5150 said:

Nope. HX Effects doesn't support the switch.... Yet. I've heard that it will be in the future. 

@ledvedder5150 What was your source was for hearing that it will support the switch in the future.  If it was Line6 and you are going to get a Mission pedal wouldn't it be better to futureproof yourself and get the one kilrahi suggested with the switch in the event that either the HX Effects supports it in the future or if you decide to get a Helix?

• 1 month later...

So no news if the switch on the more expensive Mission pedal’s switch can be used? So far, the web page description doesn’t mention the HX Effects. Don’t want to pay for features I can’t use.

I have used both the Dunlop expression pedal and the 25k Ernie Ball Jr. Both do something weird with the taper...the action is in just a small area of the sweep. I am on my 3rd Line 6 EX1, which gets expensive to replace a plastic pedal. Is the other Mission pedal (without the switch) the only sure thing? Why aren’t these things universal?

• 4 months later...

This has to be one of the biggest ordeals with HX Effects and Line6 in general. I have an EP1-L6H on the way and bound & determined to utilize the foot switch to engage whatever I assign it to (wah most likely).  Can anyone out there confirm it’s possible?  Thanks in advance!!

• 2 months later...

Good morning all,
I use the Morley Volume Plus pro series volume pedal (PVO +), all you have to do is connect the TS cable between the Out and the exp input of your HX, as well as activate the "mini volume" switch and turn on the sound full knob (4h). You must also reverse the polarity in the "control setting" panel. Remember to make the HX connections off and on afterwards. I think the manipulation is possible with other volume pedals.

giphy.gif

• 2 months later...

So FYI, I just found out today you can order the Mission Ep-1-L6 from the Mission Engineering site with a Spring Load option. 

This means when you take your foot off, a spring will return the pedal to heel position.  Then in Bypass assign for your wah/effect, you can turn the wah off when the pedal is in heel position, on otherwise.  Now you've got the Morley Bad Horsey type wah where you turn it on just by pushing the pedal, and when you take your foot off the spring will put the pedal into heel position, turning it off.  No having to use a toe switch!

This is for Helix, not sure if the feature is available in HX Effects...

• 2 weeks later...