Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Saving Preset Question

GarrySimmons

I have a Helix LT and use HX Edit to adjust parameters. I load a preset that I like and start messing with it. Now I want to save the new settings, but to a DIFFERENT preset than what I loaded as I don't want to overwrite the original. 

How is that done? I can't find a way to save the current settings on the Helix LT anywhere else but the currently loaded preset. I'm new to the Helix, so this could just be newbie ignorance.

On the HELIX you have to push save TWICE for it to actually save. There is a reason for that second push, it's so you can change where you want it saved. When you push save the first time look on the screen for the word "destination"... the knob under that word allows you to choose the location you want it saved. Choose your location, then push save again to store it there without harming your original preset.

For safety reasons, I always copy a preset to a location before I begin editing it. That saves me from accidentally over writing a preset in error. 

• Thanks 1

Ah, so it's possible on the Helix itself, but perhaps not through HX Edit. I will give that a try right now. THANKS!

EDIT: Yup. Works fine on the Helix LT itself. I'm taking my "direct to the PA" presets and bypassing the cab block then tweaking EQ/etc to create presets that I use when running my LT into the FX return on my combo tube amp.

22 hours ago, GarrySimmons said:

Ah, so it's possible on the Helix itself, but perhaps not through HX Edit.

I don't have anything hooked up right now.. but IIRC HX Edit does not have a Save As...

When I use edit I simply copy my preset to a new location, then edit that new location. I do that on the Helix as well, but it's the same procedure that I outlined already... using the destination control. 

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, Tube_Stack said:

Can I save a preset to a different User using just Helix floor? (not using H Edit)

Yep, when you hit save on your Helix, use the small knobs under the display screen to scroll to the unused destination slot that you want. 

See page 16 Helix 2.0 Owner’s Manual - Saving/Naming a Preset.

Simple really!

On 1/19/2019 at 10:12 AM, GarrySimmons said:

Ah, so it's possible on the Helix itself, but perhaps not through HX Edit. I will give that a try right now. THANKS!

EDIT: Yup. Works fine on the Helix LT itself. I'm taking my "direct to the PA" presets and bypassing the cab block then tweaking EQ/etc to create presets that I use when running my LT into the FX return on my combo tube amp.

On 1/20/2019 at 8:32 AM, codamedia said:

I don't have anything hooked up right now.. but IIRC HX Edit does not have a Save As...

When I use edit I simply copy my preset to a new location, then edit that new location. I do that on the Helix as well, but it's the same procedure that I outlined already... using the destination control. 

There is a  'Save As' option under the 'File' tab on the top menu of HX Edit or you can hit the save icon at the top of the screen. When the dialog box appears with the list of presets simply highlight the preset location you want and hit 'OK'.  You can even save to a slot in a different Setlist using this method by using the pulldown of Setlists at the top of the dialog box. You can also use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+Shift+S" to bring up the 'Save As' dialog box.

Note: This is how it works in HX Edit for the Helix.

4 hours ago, datacommando said:

Yep, when you hit save on your Helix, use the small knobs under the display screen to scroll to the unused destination slot that you want. 

See page 16 Helix 2.0 Owner’s Manual - Saving/Naming a Preset.

Simple really!

Yes, I was saving and using the Destination knob, but not the Setlist knob beside it.  I didn’t connect the terms Setlist and User.  Thanks.

• Like 1