Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Effects

jcwaldo

Hi...when I bypass my HX Effects to just use my amp, there is drop off in volume. So, I need to bring down the overall output of the HX to match.  Is there a way to do this through global settings?  That would be much easier than having to go through and readjust individual block levels.  Sometime, all you need is your amp!  Thanks!

There is no global output on the HX Effects... but even if there was that should only be an emergency fix that would apply to all patches.

The best approach is to balance each effect as you add it into a patch. The next best approach is to simply balance each patch by adjusting the LEVEL of any "always on block" you may have in the chain. This is the exact same approach you would have to take to setup a standard pedal board, but for some reason it becomes a foreign concept to some people when they move to a multi effects. 

5 hours ago, codamedia said:

There is no global output on the HX Effects... but even if there was that should only be an emergency fix that would apply to all patches.

The best approach is to balance each effect as you add it into a patch. The next best approach is to simply balance each patch by adjusting the LEVEL of any "always on block" you may have in the chain. This is the exact same approach you would have to take to setup a standard pedal board, but for some reason it becomes a foreign concept to some people when they move to a multi effects. 

I would never suggest this as a go to approach, but doesn't the HX Effect have the same main out section of the signal chain that the HX Stomp had where you can adjust the decibals higher or lower?

It'd be a "gotta fix this shiz fast" approach for sure. It also only works preset by preset.

4 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

I would never suggest this as a go to approach, but doesn't the HX Effect have the same main out section of the signal chain that the HX Stomp had where you can adjust the decibals higher or lower?

I used to own an HX Effects (since upgraded to a Helix)... and to my recollection the merge block (with final gain structure) is only accessible if you have a parallel path. I don't think it is always there, but I could be wrong about that.