Jump to content

How do i save the Variax Settings with a Helix Tone Preset?


Maestro77
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is pretty basic. Have you read the manual? It's on page 21.Are you using your computer to edit? If you are, I think you may be addressing a pet peeve of mine. If you're using HX Edit, when you select the input in the blocks area, you begin with the Noise Gate tab. There is another tab labeled Variax. Click on that tab and all of the Variax parameters will show up. This always happen which bugs me. Generally I set the Noise Gate parameters once per patch but there's a good chance I will change the Varaix settings several times. I'm tired of constantly having to click on the Variax tab. When you select the input and you have the Variax connected via VDI, I want the Variax parameters to show up when I select the input block, not the Noise Gate parameters. Not a major big deal. Probably shouldn't even bug me. But it does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2019 at 5:39 AM, Maestro77 said:

How do i save the Variax Settings (Guitar, Tuning, Pickup etc.) with a Helix Tone Preset? 

 

 

As far as I know you can only save the Variax guitar preset and the tuning in a Helix preset. The pickup and other parameters you have to edit in Workbench HD and are saved in the Variax guitar itself. Otherwise, what Brue58ski and Mturner said.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Thark said:

 

As far as I know you can only save the Variax guitar preset and the tuning in a Helix preset. The pickup and other parameters you have to edit in Workbench HD and are saved in the Variax guitar itself. Otherwise, what Brue58ski and Mturner said.

 

The word 'pickup' may be ambiguous here. You can save the Variax pickup selector position in a Helix preset, but the actual pickup(s) being modeled (and their number, positions and orientation) are adjustable using Workbench.

 

Also in a Helix preset you can 'lock' the Variax Vol and Tone knobs so that these knobs can be reassigned as Helix FX parameter controllers instead of controlling the Variax volume and tone.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, silverhead said:

The word 'pickup' may be ambiguous here. You can save the Variax pickup selector position in a Helix preset, but the actual pickup(s) being modeled (and their number, positions and orientation) are adjustable using Workbench.

 

Agreed. “Pickup seledtion” might have better.

 

12 hours ago, silverhead said:

Also in a Helix preset you can 'lock' the Variax Vol and Tone knobs so that these knobs can be reassigned as Helix FX parameter controllers instead of controlling the Variax volume and tone.

 

How cool is that! When I started playing I had Fender, Gibson and Japanese junk to choose from ... and it was junk, at the time. I still have my Aria bass from 1969. Now we live in science fiction times with all this neat gear. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...