Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix LT and DT25

Ive been using my HD500 and DT25 for years, and am very happy with it. Love the sound, cant really imagine it could be 'upgraded' in any way. 

But I got a crazy cheap deal on a Helix LT and took the plunge, as I could use it for other gigs through the P.A. ans so on. 

Now I love the UI/UX of the Helix, and hate the UI/UX of the hd500, but Im dissapointed to find that despite promising that the Helix works with the DT amps in the manual, no integration has happened - the L6 link cable simply sends the helix directly into the preamp of the DT25, resulting in bad sound. 

Has there been any communication from Line6 about how likely they are to do something about this? I wouldn't even need full integration, just for the L6 link to go direct to the power amp, and maybe change the topology of it (without having to connect a MIDI cable). 

I know its on ideascale, but how likely do people think it is that this will actually happen? This would be the deciding factor for me in keeping the Helix. Thanks for any info you can give. 

About July of 2018 I was looking for a new modeler, something I could go direct to FOH. I remember reading a lot of comments from people who were PO ed that Line 6 had said they were going to do L6 integration with the Helix, and then changed their mind.

I do not know for sure if Line 6 had said that,  but a lot of people seemed to be saying it. I ended up buying a Bias mini and the L6 integration was part of the reason.

Its been out awhile now and no action has been taken so I quit drooling over the Helix and have become more content with the 500X and DT 50. In fact these 2 working together is a combination hard to beat. I agree with you on the UI/UX as that could be the only improvement ever needed on it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2019 at 5:42 AM, soulbrother99 said:

Ive been using my HD500 and DT25 for years, and am very happy with it. Love the sound, cant really imagine it could be 'upgraded' in any way. 

But I got a crazy cheap deal on a Helix LT and took the plunge, as I could use it for other gigs through the P.A. ans so on. 

Now I love the UI/UX of the Helix, and hate the UI/UX of the hd500, but Im dissapointed to find that despite promising that the Helix works with the DT amps in the manual, no integration has happened - the L6 link cable simply sends the helix directly into the preamp of the DT25, resulting in bad sound. 

Has there been any communication from Line6 about how likely they are to do something about this? I wouldn't even need full integration, just for the L6 link to go direct to the power amp, and maybe change the topology of it (without having to connect a MIDI cable). 

I know its on ideascale, but how likely do people think it is that this will actually happen? This would be the deciding factor for me in keeping the Helix. Thanks for any info you can give. 

Supposedly this will happen this Spring with Helix update 2.8.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...