Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Sliding Rack Shelf for Helix Rack Control

machuero

Can someone tell me where to buy a sliding rack drawer for my Helix Rack Control? It needs to be 12" or less to fit the rack depth. The closest I have found is on eBay but it wasn't wide enough to accommodate the control's 17.2 width.

Thanks!

On 1/23/2019 at 9:41 AM, phil_m said:

Do you want a shelf or a drawer? How are you planning on keeping the control from sliding around if it's just on a shelf?

I would like it on a sliding shelf that I can just pull out when needed and slide back in out of the way when not in use. The only sliding shelfs that I have been able to find are not wide enough to accommodate the control. My rack is 12" deep so that's also a concern. There's a photo on this forum somewhere showing exactly what I need (not sure about the depth though). I'm still waiting on an answer from the OP.

The rack will not be moved very much so sliding around won't be an issue. I only play in my home studio. 

On 1/23/2019 at 9:41 AM, phil_m said:

Do you want a shelf or a drawer? How are you planning on keeping the control from sliding around if it's just on a shelf?

phil_m -- Here's the photo from the older post that I found.

pxWOQXO.thumb.jpg.49422f61ced4b81172626536f4d4519b.jpg

Really great looking rack!!! :-D :-D :-D

... and also you didn't  need to decide between Helix and Kemper!

It almost makes me regret turning away from the rack (and towards the 'plain Helix floor') ..... but then my 50 year old back reminds me of my personal reasons. ;-)

On 1/25/2019 at 3:59 AM, Simon268 said:

Really great looking rack!!! :-D :-D :-D

... and also you didn't  need to decide between Helix and Kemper!

It almost makes me regret turning away from the rack (and towards the 'plain Helix floor') ..... but then my 50 year old back reminds me of my personal reasons. ;-)

Simon268, just to be clear, that's not my rack. It's just a photo that I found on these forums as an example of the rack shelf that I am searching for.

Simon beat me to the "Nice Rack"- micro-aggression.

I've been on the look out for the same thing for my HD-500 (slaved in to the Helix).  I want access when I'm tweaking and testing, and then want it to go back in the rack, stfu, and do what I tell it to do.  Since I'm on the left side of the MIDI learning bell curve, it is actually pretty necessary to have this feature in my rack.