Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

maybe I am dumb

timmerk75

You're not dumb, but I'm kind of confused by what you are asking. There are TONS of ways to have both clean and dirty guitar sounds on the Firehawk FX. I'm worried I don't understand the question.

What do you mean by channels? Do you mean presets?

Is your first experience with an electric guitar the Firehawk, or did you ever made dirty and clean sounds the traditional old school way with an amp and pedals prior to your Firehawk?

I've never owned a Pod HD 300. I did own a Pod HD 500, but I don't recall channels only presets - unless channels was the name for signal paths.

The Firehawk FX only has one signal path, so you can't have one path that is for dirt, and another for clean. 

You can still have clean or dirt sounds, but it has to be done differently.  The easiest and most obvious way is to utilize a clean amp, and then have a distortion in front of it. Stomp on the distortion for dirt, stomp again for clean. Add a volume pedal for lead tones . . . stuff like that.

Basically do it the old fashioned way, but with a processor.

2 hours ago, timmerk75 said:

So for example..  I created a tone on the A channel...  I would like to be able to push that same button to switch off of distortion.. I have a pod hd300 that can donot soni assumed the Firehawk could donot but I am havin a hard time figuring it out

You can do what you ask - be able to switch the distortion on/off within a preset - but not by using the same footswitch. In Preset A (or whatever) you can assign the distortion FX to any one of the FX footswitches that appear in the top row - e.g. assign it to FS1 immediately above the A footswitch. Then you can use FS1 to turn the distortion on/off without changing presets.

The easiest way to make the FS footswitch assignments is to use the Firehawk remote app.

Perhaps I misunderstand what you are asking. What exactly do you mean by 'distortion of...the head'?

EDIT: If you are talking about the Drive parameter of an amp model, the answer is no - you can't assign that to a footswitch. However you can assign a parameter of an FX (not amp) model to the Tweak function and then use the Firehawk footpedal to control that value within a specified range. That way you could choose a suitable distortion FX and manipulate its gain/level to go from clean to dirty and anywhere in between using the heel-to-toe sweep of the footpedal.

For some reason . . . and I agree this is nuckin' futs and makes me wonder if it's an oversight or just something about the unit that it couldn't handle it (which seems . . . hard to believe) Line 6 gave the Firehawk the ability to assign parameters on the FX blocks (stomp, modulation, delay, reverb) the ability to assign things like "drive" and "gain" to the expression pedal BUT NOT the amps themselves. 

It's one of the letdowns for me with the Firehawk. You can do that with the Helix products and it's awesome - I don't know why it wasn't done with the Firehawk.

So if you use high gain on the amps you're stuck there unless you leave the app open and get really adept at playing swipey with your finger, or you figure out how to switch presets without it looking obvious. 

If this was something addressable in an update they should have done it. 

• 4 weeks later...

no need to call line 6.

the ONLY way you can do this is to either have a clean amp model, and add a distortion effect  and when you save your preset ensure that the distortion is turned off, but still assigned to a footswitch.

my clean tones use delay and reverb, and i have my clean patch on switch A. i use a heavy distortion and have it assigned above Switch A.