Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Another multieffects unit to challenge helix?

zivdud

Looks pretty interesting, if it can do everything it says, and do it well, and if the company can avoid being sued for copyright infringements than we will have another decent product on the market and maybe some inspiration for Helix 2. What do you guys/gals think?

https://www.musicradar.com/amp/news/namm-2019-mooer-set-to-disrupt-multi-effects-market-with-astonishingly-feature-rich-ge300

Looks impressive.  It would take me a lot to be pulled out of the Line 6 ecosystem, but not impossible. Especially where I'm a smaller Stomp user always wondering about a full Helix.

Part of the brilliance of the Helix is it's sound quality, but I think that despite the endless tone snobbery in this area we're reaching a point of parity here with diminishing returns in the future.

The true secret sauce of the Helix in my opinion is the control and creativity that is capable from it.  You can stick in a 16 core DSP chip with 4,000 gigs of ram, and if it doesn't meet or exceed the endless creativity that is easily possible with just a little bit of time with the Helix and you won't pull me away from the HX stuff.

I think Mooer won't get another cent from me (I had some of their small pedals at one point)... Doing what they did with EHX and getting caught only means they're doing it for other things as well. There's too many honest companies making good products to justify supporting a company that's doing that sort of crap.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

After reading the manual.... I think its probably a mix of POD HD500 + some other devices (EHX, Boss, etc ) stolen code, all packed in that Helix-BossGT1 reminiscent box.

So Mooer has finally found the way to effectively hack and vampirize other companies code and merge all them in a single device!!

GE300 is a frankenstein device. Born dead, if they forget to remove the original copyright notices again. It has high chances of never getting to hit the shelves