Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What will Line 6 drop at Winter NAMM 2019?

zivdud

We´re all waiting for the big 2.8 Helix Firmware Update announcement... Seems Friday will be the day L6 will disclose some information the Helix Users have been waiting for since almost six months ago... considering the 2.7 release was pretty boring... The last exciting update  I remember was the 2.50 because it included the new reverbs and the legacy effects... 

Hope this one brings some goodies... We gotta wait until Friday so I´m gonna quit the keyboard and chill out... hahahaa.

I saw a video for the G10S from Thoman in Europe.  It's a version of the G10 that is made for pedalboards and has a normal 9v power so you can power it like normal pedals.  It's also metal and has more options like multiple channels, and some cable length modelling.

1 minute ago, Kilrahi said:

I laugh but in all seriousness that would be the coolest damn thing ever.

I bet it happens someday too. Maybe 2050.

You could always duct tape your Stomp to your wrist. :-)))

Might want to shave before, removing it could be painful. :-)

Do it!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ngronlund said:

What us Variax + DT25/50 amp players really need is a new HD500 that has Helix power and clarity - The missing link from the modern "dream rig". Come on Line 6, you owe us...

I don't understand. I owned a Pod HD500X. What does it have that the Helix doesn't?

5 hours ago, ngronlund said:

What us Variax + DT25/50 amp players really need is a new HD500 that has Helix power and clarity - The missing link from the modern "dream rig". Come on Line 6, you owe us...

Uh...the Helix IS the new HD500 with Helix power and clarity.  Where have you been???

9 hours ago, ngronlund said:

Nobody "owes" you anything. You get what you pay for. If you're hanging on for a $500 full-blown Helix, it's going to be a very long and disappointing wait.

16 minutes ago, gunpointmetal said:

So apparently a little birder from Sweetwater told someone recently to hold off on a PowerCab because there are other options in the line coming soon....

Does he have any idea when they are going to drop the next version of the Helix? The Helix 2? Or whatever the next iteration will be called? I was thinking about getting the Helix but now that they have jacked up the price for a nearly 5 year old platform I am going to hold off. 

6 minutes ago, dmuccillo said:

Does he have any idea when they are going to drop the next version of the Helix? The Helix 2? Or whatever the next iteration will be called? I was thinking about getting the Helix but now that they have jacked up the price for a nearly 5 year old platform I am going to hold off. 

5 years old? How do you figure that? The Helix and Helix Rack were announced in June 2015 and started shipping in the fall of that year. So it's really just going on 3.5 years since then. They obviously just launched the HX Stomp, which is based on the Helix platform, so they have no plans on moving on from that platform for awhile. It's going to be a matter of years before there something that replaces the Helix, not months.

As far as the recent price increases, those are directly related to the Chinese tariff issue.

9 minutes ago, dmuccillo said:

All indications are that there won't be a new platform for some time. With all the newer HX stuff (FX, Stomp, PowerCab) I'm guessing even if they do a "Helix 2" anytime soon, it will just be a more powerful version of the same platform and will likely cost more than the current lineup. And honestly, I don't see that happening, but you're welcome to wait until after NAMM to make your purchase decisions. Maybe a Mooer G300 since they're saving tariff dollars by literally stealing DSP code, lol.

26 minutes ago, dmuccillo said:

Do what ya like, but it's gonna be a long wait...

1 hour ago, cruisinon2 said:

Do what ya like, but it's gonna be a long wait...

But you never know.  Maybe he's one of these folks that prefers to wait another 5 years to pay an extra $800-$1000 than get what's available today for an extra $100.  Not everyone is good at math ya know....

Not going to happen.... but a wireless system for a Variax (including all VDI functionality) would be a wonderful thing. I know I will always be tied to a cable with a Variax, but one can wish can't he :) 

4 hours ago, dmuccillo said:

but now that THEY have jacked up the price for a nearly 5 year old platform I am going to hold off.

You need to figure out who THEY is... because it isn't Line 6 or the retailers that did that! 

• Upvote 1

Ok. I'll throw in my speculations/possiblities/dreams for NAMM 2019. Totally unqualified and likely dead wrong.

- At one time I was thinking L6 would just skip 2.8 and just drop the big daddy 3.0 since it's NAMM and they seem like maybe they're close to getting the features set and why wait a whole year for NAMM 2020. But that seems highly unlikely. So we'll probably get 2.8 and maybe 3.0 announcement at summer NAMM. 

- Will 2.8 have all the poly stuff? Could be. Maybe that's why DI is speaking and will demonstrate that stuff with those fancy new colored units on display.

- Amp Building? I don't know if this would be in 2.8 or 3.0, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if L6 came up with some sort of twist on profiling and amp building. Maybe some kind of way of having pre-built amp templates with the ability to make modifications. If they had this and some type of "cloning" then people would be able to copy and/or build custom amps. If only there were some sort of Marketplace to sell these amps.

- Seems like there are some new cab options coming. I was wondering what the cost of a non-powered speaker from Powercab would cost. Maybe the could make an extension cab for stereo or wet/dry/wet. I wonder if they would ever make cabs with those new Celestion speakers. Then I was thinking if they did that, then why not make a 4X12? And then we could really have the…

- Helix Dream Rig. But we would need a powered Helix head. So why not strap a Helix rack on to a Powercab amp section and throw it in a box? Sure the rig with a floor board would be over $3000 but it would be the baddest MF out there. I realize it's a specific and small market item, but it really would be the ultimate Dream Rig, except…

- We would need new Variax updates and models. Hopefully this is another thing for DI to reveal. A new slate of Variaxes and Yamaha guitars with L6 tech. Revstar Variax anybody?

Well that's my list. Ridiculous? Maybe. But I wished for a product pretty much exactly like the Helix in 2008 and it's here now. So we'll see.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, feffa86 said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/line6helixusergroup/permalink/1117241541792851/

If this is true, wow

If you are a non FB user, this is why you have FB

If I have to join Facebook to get this, I guess I'll just have to miss it then. There are bigger reasons not to use Facebook. At least for me. I can wait.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rocco_Crocco said:

50576468_10155772979946423_4091700748876

Hahaha... More useless 50s memorabilia boutique junk??? GIVE ME A BREAK!!! This is just the resentful old wankers clean amp wishlist hoax... I`ve read on the TGP that the Carvin Legacy was up for the firmware with some new bass and guitar distortion pedals such as the Zen Drive, and an acoustic simulator... DI must be laughing his lollipop off reading this nonsense!!!

F*ck this phony leaks and bring on the true update!!!!

p.s: Thumbs up for the Revv Generator!!! Sounds killer!!!

• Upvote 1

May as well debate the nature of the afterlife, folks...in fact, it would be the exact same conversation:  Lots of blind guessing, highly individualized wish lists, and references to cryptic writings of questionable origin.... "The Gospel According to Digital Igloo"...;)

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

May as well debate the nature of the afterlife, folks...in fact, it would be the exact same conversation:  Lots of blind guessing, highly individualized wish lists, and references to cryptic writings of questionable origin.... "The Gospel According to Digital Igloo"...;)

It's too bad this list is bunk, but we can't call it the gospel according to Digital Igloo, because he just said that 2.8 is nothing to be excited about.

I need a second hobby. Like, power toothbrushes or something.

They never get updates though . . . hmmm.

25 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

It's too bad this list is bunk, but we can't call it the gospel according to Digital Igloo, because he just said that 2.8 is nothing to be excited about.

Well, he said people should curb their enthusiasm... There's still some cool stuff in 2.8.

• Like 1