Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Does Line6 even test software?

quackerjeff

I am having the dickens of a time using HD500x Edit on my Macbook Pro with Mojave.  The app crashes quite a bit, and is sluggish beyond usability.  Is any one else having issues with it?  

I can't even drag and drop items to the different paths, or when I save or transfer, it will randomly crash mid transfer.

All I can say is wow.  

18 minutes ago, hurghanico said:

Based on what is written between the notes of the announcement of the last version 2.27 of the POD HD500X Edit released in 9/10/18 ...

Thanks for making me aware of a more recent version, not that I use it anymore though. I wonder what it is they fixed?

10 hours ago, hurghanico said:

it remains a mistery.. another of L6 dogmas..

-----------------------------

welcome back duncann, even if for just a moment..

It's been a while since I last listened to your tracks..

did I ever tell you that I preferred the sounds you got with POD?.. but I refer only to the initial phase of your platform change,  I do not know the subsequent developments..

and I do not say that because I still use a POD,.. ah ah... I'm not that childish..

who knows, I hypothesize,... if the HD compared to the HX was a bit of a pain, and if it is true that the best works are born in suffering, in the pathos, maybe that's the reason why your old performances were affected particulary well, and thus my preference...

ha ha ha... I joke

There are some things I still like better about the HD. For example, seeing as how the clarity of HD isn't as great as HX, it's more forgiving as far as lack of technical playing ability and can even go so far as to assist in obstructing minor musical deficiencies ... or is that an excuse for poor writing and tone making and blaming it on the pitiable HD :) In any event, thanks to the HD, it's one component in the evolution of striving to become a better guitarist.

You're on to something with the last part of your post. In making revisions to the original, the first point of unquantifiable emotional content, or in the pathos, which can be hard to remember the more time passes (probably doesn't help that less is available these days - time, not memory), and adding new layers of emotion, something is bound to be lost. The goal is to always try and improve the original though. Perhaps that's easier said than done and it's actually easier, unfortunately, to realize a degree of failure. Hope not. Something to think about...

6 minutes ago, hurghanico said:

Yes, sure...

--------------------------

One thing I wanted to ask you:

is there improvisation in your songs? .. or are they written (or in memory) note by note?

Depends on what you mean by improvisation. Everything starts off as improvisation, but all of it eventually goes through a heavy refining process (note by note), some deviating heavily from the first musical thought and some staying very close to the original with perhaps only some style or specific phrasing added. So I suppose that's not really true improvisation, which I frankly suck terribly at. The only thing I ever improvised on the spot and never changed is Entropy (made with the HD).

32 minutes ago, hurghanico said:

Nice, so I deduce that now you know the entire (improvised) Entropy song by memory..

Ha! Are you kidding? I could never duplicate that. To make matters worse, the entire thing was run through a reverse delay, with 100% mix and a 2 second time. So that means I had no idea what was going to come out of the speakers, regardless of what I was actually playing on the guitar.