Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Monkey Cannot Update My Hd500

Zombieslayer5P

Hey guys.  I'm in a bit of a pinch here.  I'm trying to update my POD with the latest firmware update, but Monkey keeps saying it cannot connect to the server and gives an error code (80001019).  I've heard of people having this problem when it comes to downloading a customtone patch, but I haven't been able to find any info on people having this issue with Monkey simply being unable to fetch an update from the L6 servers.  Is anyone else experiencing this, and if so, have any of you managed to conquer this obstacle?

Thanks for your time in advance, everyone.  :)

Same problem here. Just downloaded the new firmware and updated from file: http://line6.com/software/index.html

Completely irrelevant update, btw.

And, of course, HD500 Edit still crashing on OS X when using the expression pedal for a while (having to turn on/off the whole unit to reconnect). Seems obvious that they are unable to fix this.

• 2 weeks later...

if by reinstall you mean just set the current version back to default... just pinch the pentode/triode switch with the topo switch while powering on...

hold it down until the lights blink and release.... 

if you mean install a new version... go to the downloads link at the top right and download the file... you can use monkey from the file rather than connecting to the server.

• Upvote 1

Thanks so much 'TheRealZap' all working better now. Any chance I could ask you a few more questions, as I'm a novice and you obviously know your stuff,

Im really confused with the new master volume update on PODHd and Dt25. Will the Master on the Podhd affect the tone of the Dt25? Best connection? Low volume amp high volume Podhd or High volume Amp low volume PODhd?

Also what is the best way to level volume of patches without affecting tone, using Pod mixer,channel volume on amp settings page or effects output levels?

And one last thing, full amp models or Pre amps for DT25 connection? Does it really matter?

I would really appreciate any help/advice

Cheers,

Happy Thanksgiving

I can answer the Pre and Full amp question for you.... Like u said it's all relevant to the user. When in LVM connected to my DT50 2x12 I use full amp models. While in Regular Mode (normal) I use mostly Pre versions excluding the Supro and Fender Deluxe models I use full at all times.

Just started getting this error yesterday... Uninstalled everything and reinstalled Monkey/License Manager, License Manager has no trouble connecting to the UX2 device I have and verifying the license, but Monkey can't find it nor can it connect to the line 6 web server giving me error code 80001019. I'm on the internet now obviously, so it isn't my internet connection!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks for the posts from you guys showing it seems to be widespread. Just trying to sign on period.

Thinking, "what kind of monkey-business is this?"

I was going "ape" trying to connect, reconnect and restart my Mac.

I'm using 10.9 incidentally. Guess I'll try again tomorrow 

Same here.  Mac on Mavericks.  Suddenly Monkey v165 can't connect (Code 80001019).  Worked fine up until a few weeks ago.  Maybe Mavericks update?  Seems to sign in to the account fine but just can't check for updates.  Last successful check for updates was before the v2.2 firmware for HD 500.  Everything else shows the latest version, so this was a sudden, inexplicable error.

I have not been able to connect for the last week. I also just went to "Line6 Ideascale" and that's down as well.

I just opened up a service ticket for this. Don't know if it's the right way to address this or not, but I don't think we can count on Line 6 scouring the forums to find out about this. I will post something when I get a response.

• 9 months later...

I have not been able to connect for the last week. I also just went to "Line6 Ideascale" and that's down as well.

I just opened up a service ticket for this. Don't know if it's the right way to address this or not, but I don't think we can count on Line 6 scouring the forums to find out about this. I will post something when I get a response.

Any response to this problem?

• 5 months later...