Jump to content
nucleo666

Pod X3 Pro - Monkey/License Manager does not recognize installed driver (and device)

Recommended Posts

Base info:

System: macOS Mojave 10.14.2

Hardware: MacBook Pro 2016, Line 6 Pod X3 Pro

Line 6 driver version: 7.6.8

Line 6 Monkey version: 1.78

Line 6 License Manager version: 1.13

 

Line 6 Monkey  does not recognize installed driver and connected device, same as License Manager. However Pod is avaiable in System Preferences as Audio-MIDI Device and works perfectly with Pod Farm 2.59. Because of problem with License Manager i cant use full version of Pod Farm. On Windows laptop everything works like a charm (via usb 2.0 and usb-c connectivity).

Any ideas what is wrong with License Manager on macOS Mojave?

Screenshot 2019-01-23 at 13.18.20.png

Screenshot 2019-01-23 at 13.24.18.png

Screenshot 2019-01-23 at 13.25.37.png

Screenshot 2019-01-23 at 13.27.21.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. Monkey v1.77 is able to detect pod x3 pro. In License Manager logs i found this:

Quote

Created Monkey device: POD X3 Pro
Device not supported.
...finished detecting devices.

Why POD X3 Pro is not currently supported on macos and is still supported on windows?

I cant download License Manager in a version other than 1.13, because all versions of LM in the download section are 1.13...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

same problem and support does not help : -(

 

have a lot of line6 devices, but never again i buy one !!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, donovanjones413 said:

Mate your products are crap, no support for 64bit os systems, you should be ashamed keep this up and you will go broke. 

 

There’s plenty of support for 64 bit systems with the current product lines. It’s just that Line 6 Monkey is a piece of software that’s, I don’t know, 15 years old right now. It was first developed when 64 bit systems weren’t really a thing yet. For most intents and purposes, Monkey is obsolete, although they have been updating to support some of the products that use it. Line 6 Updater is the replacement, but I’m not sure what will happen with some of the products that still depend on Monkey support to a degree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phil_m said:

 

There’s plenty of support for 64 bit systems with the current product lines. It’s just that Line 6 Monkey is a piece of software that’s, I don’t know, 15 years old right now. It was first developed when 64 bit systems weren’t really a thing yet. For most intents and purposes, Monkey is obsolete, although they have been updating to support some of the products that use it. Line 6 Updater is the replacement, but I’m not sure what will happen with some of the products that still depend on Monkey support to a degree.

 

I'm not sure you have understood what has happened here. They have REMOVED support for the X3 PRO from version 1.78 of Monkey. They have actually expended effort to remove support for a hardware product which was working fine in 1.77. No other pieces of hardware were removed so this looks like an accident. Or is it? The other X3 products are still available in the list. It's strange.

 

Line 6 has a history of leaving products broken for months if not years while they "update drivers" but this may be the first time as far as I know that they've deliberately gone out of their way to break an existing product for no reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redpola said:

 

I'm not sure you have understood what has happened here. They have REMOVED support for the X3 PRO from version 1.78 of Monkey. They have actually expended effort to remove support for a hardware product which was working fine in 1.77. No other pieces of hardware were removed so this looks like an accident. Or is it? The other X3 products are still available in the list. It's strange.

 

Line 6 has a history of leaving products broken for months if not years while they "update drivers" but this may be the first time as far as I know that they've deliberately gone out of their way to break an existing product for no reason.

 

When you say they’ve removed support for it, what exactly do you mean? It still shows up as being supported in the release notes, so if something is happening that it’s not working, it most likely was unintentional. Have you contacted support? The issues above seem to be more with Licence Manager than Monkey. There haven’t been any updates for the X3 Pro in many years, and you don’t really need Monkey to update the drivers or other things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, phil_m said:

 

When you say they’ve removed support for it, what exactly do you mean? It still shows up as being supported in the release notes, so if something is happening that it’s not working, it most likely was unintentional. Have you contacted support? The issues above seem to be more with Licence Manager than Monkey. There haven’t been any updates for the X3 Pro in many years, and you don’t really need Monkey to update the drivers or other things.

 

I mean that in Monkey 1.78, X3 PRO is no longer an option. It isn't detected and isn't available to be selected manually. Other X3 devices are still listed however.

 

I'm willing to believe that it isn't intentional, and I know that sometimes a line of a file goes missing during a build.

 

If you have any contacts at Line6, it would be nice to make sure it's on the list for fixing if a new version of Monkey is ever made. Right now I will just use 1.77, as I think everyone else must.

 

Monkey 1.78 and License Manager 1.14 are the affected software.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, redpola said:

 

I mean that in Monkey 1.78, X3 PRO is no longer an option. It isn't detected and isn't available to be selected manually. Other X3 devices are still listed however.

 

I'm willing to believe that it isn't intentional, and I know that sometimes a line of a file goes missing during a build.

 

If you have any contacts at Line6, it would be nice to make sure it's on the list for fixing if a new version of Monkey is ever made. Right now I will just use 1.77, as I think everyone else must.

 

Monkey 1.78 and License Manager 1.14 are the affected software.

 

Your best bet would be to open up a support ticket. Is there some reason you actually need to use Monkey for your X3 Pro at the moment? Or are you saying License Manager isn't working as well? I'm just confused as to what you'd actually need Monkey for when it comes to the X3 Pro at present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2016 at 8:01 AM, gameflyhitesh said:

Same problem

 

On 5/9/2016 at 7:57 PM, ibiomarex said:

have same problem!

 

On 7/5/2017 at 11:20 PM, pcprince said:

Same problem

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...