Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

So I am all set with my HX Stomp, for now at least...

sundance_kiddsg

Haven't seen a lot of pics of pedalboard setups with the HX Stomp so thought I'd share mine:

HX_Stomp_MC6_1_zpshcny0enz.jpg

Am controlling my stomp via 2 Dunlop DVP4 mini expression pedals (one for delay mix and the other for effects, like whammy) and the Morningstar MC6.

The MC6 is set as follows:

- Lower three buttons for Snapshots 1 to 3;

- Top left button for tuner on/off; 

- Top centre button for footswitch mode, allowing me to scroll through the 4 modes

- Top right button for tap tempo.

HX_Stomp_MC6_2_zpstnowv5p4.jpg

I have two aux switches for the MC6 set to emulate FS4 and FS5, used for presets down and up.

I have a 535Q mini wah at the start of the chain.

Everything is powered by the Cioks DC7.

Am thinking of rehousing everything on a Pedaltrain metro 24.

The other thing I am think of is perhaps I would have been better off with the Helix....

• Like 1

Pretty cool setup.  Do you like the Morningstar?  It's the next thing on my shopping list, but I keep stopping myself because, as you kind of pointed out, then the price is getting dangerously close to a Helix LT and you can't help but ask .  .   . ummm . . .

Still, to me a lot of my love for the Stomp is the versatility. I sometimes attach dual switches, sometimes an expression pedal, and sometimes I place it on my existing pedal board (I never use the pedal board without it - so it's clear what piece of gear is deemed most essential to me).

Sometimes, and by sometimes I mean most times,  ALL I use is the Stomp jamming quietly away into the wee hours of the night. Other times I'm grabbing it and only it and rushing to my bro's place to jam.

So I wouldn't say that it's necessarily a bad sign that you buy all the Stomp accessories.  It simply depends on if it's meeting your needs or not. It's like saying it was a mistake to buy a laptop over a desktop because you bought an external blu ray reader for it. That's not necessarily true.

Interesting analogy on the laptop. 

The stomp definitely can stand on its own without the other peripherals, which I use mainly to avoid having to reach down to the unit when standing. 

One thing I haven’t figured out, though, was how to scroll through the presets without each of them loading immediately. 

Most mfx units with banks & presets allow you to get to the desired preset first and then confirm with a second tap. 

If I can’t recall where I had saved a preset, this will allow me to scroll through the list to find it without loading each preset along the way. 

• Like 1

Not sure if this helps, but from Preset Mode (i.e. the display is showing presets 34A, 34B, 34C) press BOTH FS1 and FS2 and it will queue up the previous bank of presets (i.e. 33A, 33B, 33C). Then a second press on the one you want makes it active, I think.

Likewise, to cycle UP through the banks, press both FS2 and FS3.

Only issue is I find it tricky to press both foot-switches with my foot. Really easy with two fingers, but if reaching down anyway, probably more efficient to just press the top button and turn to scroll through the list of presets.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rayray6 said:

Not sure if this helps, but from Preset Mode (i.e. the display is showing presets 34A, 34B, 34C) press BOTH FS1 and FS2 and it will queue up the previous bank of presets (i.e. 33A, 33B, 33C). Then a second press on the one you want makes it active, I think.

Thanks for the tip, man!

I was fixated with scrolling through presets that I didn't realize switching banks will display the preset list (with the preset names) in that bank without the presets loading.

I reconfigured my FS4/5 to Bank Down/Up and now it's working just the way I want it.

I am a happy bunny!

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!