Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dual signal routing

OmniFace

I've been reading the Signal Routing Examples in the manual, but I can't seem to get this idea to work...

I'd like to run 2 different mono (or stereo) guitar signals into Helix (DAW: Reaper), and have guitar 1 feed Path A, and guitar 2 feed Path B.  At best I can get both signals into Path A and split them L and R and/or series route them into Path B... But I can never get anything from my host to go directly into Path B by itself, and either come out channels 1/2 or 3/4 in the DAW.

Am I missing something?  Or is this just not possible? 

I also tried out the Parallel Paths thing, but couldn't get the signals to route as expected.  I was expecting to be able to put the left side of a stereo signal into Path 1A and the right into Path 1B, and use the panning at the end to get them to the right spot.  To test I was trying to add Modulation to just the right side...  No matter what I tried, everything was still panned center?

Don't quite follow. You are maybe trying to do some reamping with signals coming from your DAW (USB INs) to separate signal paths in Helix? Please explain your desired routing, for example: DAW output>Helix USB In>path A> etc...

I'm effectively trying to use path A for one guitar, and path B for a different guitar, simultaneously.  I want to get one Helix, and control two guitarists in my band.  :)

Hmm.  This is apparently in the wrong spot.  I'm talking about Helix Native (although I aim to achieve the same thing in hardware if I can afford one some day).  I'll move the thread.

Thanks though!

If you're in Helix native you have to make sure your track is set-up with as a stereo track with your USB inputs (I'm guessing 1 and 2) as the available inputs, then click on the input block in native and assign it to the proper track inputs. I know this can work with both the hardware and software. I run a guitar and bass rig through both for demoing stuff at home or writing with my bass player. The Ouputs have to be panned L/R and the FX in use have to be Mono, AFAIK or can remember.

The easiest way to do it in Native (if you computer is up to it) is to just run USB 1 on its own channel with one instance of Native and USB 2 on another channel with an independent instance of native, though. 

8 hours ago, gunpointmetal said:

If you're in Helix native you have to make sure your track is set-up with as a stereo track with your USB inputs (I'm guessing 1 and 2) as the available inputs, then click on the input block in native and assign it to the proper track inputs. I know this can work with both the hardware and software. I run a guitar and bass rig through both for demoing stuff at home or writing with my bass player. The Ouputs have to be panned L/R and the FX in use have to be Mono, AFAIK or can remember.

The easiest way to do it in Native (if you computer is up to it) is to just run USB 1 on its own channel with one instance of Native and USB 2 on another channel with an independent instance of native, though. 

Hi gunpointmetal,

This was unfortunately in the wrong forum area.  I'm not using the hardware, but I'd like to buy one eventually.  :)

Issue is sort of resolved.  The Helix doesn't seem capable of routing something to path 2 independently, but you can route through the left and right of path 1 into path 2 to get more effects.  I was trying to route a 2nd instrument into Path 2 directly, more like how the Pod Farm 2 plugin works.  The paths are completely separate, but are mixed down to stereo at the end.  Thought the Helix would work the same.