Sign in to follow this  
smrybacki

And Today's Pod Hd500 Lesson Is...

When the Monkey says to back up your presets because you might lose them in a Firmware update, they ARE NOT kidding.  :( 

Thank goodness this isn't a production server....

Why would you think they were kidding? That's what the warning is for.

Neglecting to back up set lists and/or presets before updating firmware is simply asking for trouble.

I think it was the use of the words "may lose", as opposed to "will lose" your presets.  As a coder, I am used to these kinds of lollipop covering warnings issued by software developers...

No biggie...I get to recreate them.  Just thought i'd inform folks that it wasn't a "may lose" situation....

Actually at that point I think it is a 'may lose' situation. After that warning message and during the update process you are presented with an option to keep or discard your existing presets. That's where it turns into a 'will lose' situation if you select to discard them.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, I figured that out right AFTER I pressed "who cares"...

Seriously, I don't mind that much, but I posted thinking that maybe someone who DOES mind might make the same careless mistake and be seriously pissed off....

• Upvote 1

Glad it's not a problem for you, and it may help those who are in the practice of just clicking 'yes' to save time rather than actually reading and thinking about warning messages.

The good news is that the two or three patches I was pretty happy were spared because I saved them last night :-)