Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G30 dropouts

cineko

I'm puzzled and dissapointed. Have used a G30 system for years and years with superb results, never had any problems. Last week I bought two new G30's and have experienced many, many dropouts on both of them. So I conclude that the hardware has changed and that the new stuff does not have such a robust signal or could it be possible that I have two faulty units?

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought a G30 and have gigged it twice.  On the first occasion, there were a couple of dropouts, but last night it got really flaky.  Not only did I have multiple dropouts, but on three or four occasions, it stopped working altogether, and I had to switch the transmitter off and back on to get it working again - not what you want to be doing mid-song!  I'd checked the battery status indicators on both the transmitter and the receiver, and both were showing green.

On examining it this morning, I was able to replicate this behaviour by pressing on the battery compartment door.  I tried this because I remember that before at leas two of the crashes, I'd either knocked the unit (backing into a mic stand), or squeezed it (taking it off my strap when changing guitars).  When I did that, I saw that the battery light on the transmitter started plashing purple, and at the same time, the audio light was flashing yellow.  While this was happening, the signal status LEDs on the receiver showed nothing, and the battery status LEDs showed one or two red.

Notwithstanding the battery status indicators I mentioned in my first paragraph, I swapped in a new set of batteries, and was unable to replicate the fault.  Putting the old batteries back in let me get the fault again.  From this, I deduce that:

1. the battery  status lights on both on the transmitter and the receiver do not give a reliable indication
  2. when the batteries start getting a little low, somehow the battery door on the transmitter becomes very sensitive to small bumps and pressure, causing the unit to crash

I realise now, of course, I should have swapped in a brand-new set batteries before each gig, but I didn't expect the battery indicators to be so inaccurate, or for the unit to be so sensitive when battery power got a little low.

Does anyone else have any thoughts about this?

Edit: have opened a support ticket, so we'll see what they say.

Edited by littleeden

• 3 years later...

I have the same problem with two TBP06 transmitters; one in a G30 system, and one on an XD-V35 mic system. They both work without problems with fresh batteries, but once the batteries have done maybe an hour's service they become sensitive to pressure on the battery door. It's a strange fault, but obviously not such an isolated one. Littleeden, did you get the problem sorted out?