Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Pod Hd Pro User Help!?!?

Badbradline666

I just got a pod hd pro used and I'm wondering whats the best way to hook it up. I want to use the amp models. I don't have a power amp just yet but I do have a dual rectifier and evh 5150 iii. Should I hook it up 4cm into the effects loop? If I hook it up to the return of the loop it will bypass the preamp will it not? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

If you want to make it quick & easy, just run a 1/4" guitar cable from the left 1/4" (summed mono) output on the HD500 to the effects return on your amp, if it has one. This WILL bypass the preamp on your amp, but you can get decent results this way. You're using your amp's tube power amp section only using this method.You may need to change the output mode and bypass the cab emulations on the HD500.

If you want to use your amps preamp, then you need to run 4CM, using the FX loop module on the HD500. This is a lot more versatile but signal routing can be a lot trickier. See the 4CM section at the following link:---> http://foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/setup#live4CM There are a number of posts here about using 4CM you might want to check out.

• 2 weeks later...

+1.  try going into the effect loop return and turn off the cabinet modeling on the preset.  You can even go a step further and change the amp model from the "full" amp model to just the preamp, which will help remove the extra color of a modeled power amp along with the power amp you already are going into.