Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Used JTV59 prices

All of a sudden this week I'm seeing a few used JTV 59s on Ebay and Reverb.com  priced as though they were brand new.   I don't think they are U.S. models.  I'm after a second JTV59 in Cherry and was expecting to see them more in the $500-$700 range ( which is what I would offer if I decided to bid )     Line 6 has refurbished versions for about $950

https://reverb.com/item/11147363-line-6-james-tyler-variax-jtv-59-modeling-electric-guitar-in-cherry-sunburst

JTV59 PRICE HISTORY REVERBCOM.jpg

23 minutes ago, Indianrock2020 said:

All of a sudden this week I'm seeing a few used JTV 59s on Ebay and Reverb.com  priced as though they were brand new.   I don't think they are U.S. models.  I'm after a second JTV59 in Cherry and was expecting to see them more in the $500-$700 range ( which is what I would offer if I decided to bid )     Line 6 has refurbished versions for about $950

https://reverb.com/item/11147363-line-6-james-tyler-variax-jtv-59-modeling-electric-guitar-in-cherry-sunburst

JTV59 PRICE HISTORY REVERBCOM.jpg

So? It's Ebay...where comical prices are frequently demanded for everything under the sun. The same place where some genius tried to auction off one of his own kidneys for $100K. Sellers are free to demand the price of a gold plated Rolls Royce, if that's what they've decided their item is "worth"..if the price is stupid enough, it'll remain on Ebay forever, or until the seller becomes less stupid.

A quick glance at Sweetwater, Musician's Friend, and Guitar Center shows they're all unavailable and on back order right now.  I think it's been this way for over a month.

If the supply of new JTV-59s is currently limited it will drive up the price of used ones. You see that kind of thing from time to time.

Line 6 still has the refurbished ones for $959      I saw one on Sweetwater's used page which allows offers/bids.   I suspect the prices will return to normal on used ones.  It seems to be a love/hate thing with some people who are unwilling to learn to use it deciding to sell within a few months.

https://shop.line6.com/hardware/refurbished/g11-6-jtv-59-cherry-sunburst-electric-guitar.html

Guitar center used gear:     $799
https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Line-6/2013-JTV59-James-Tyler-Variax-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc?cntry=us&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=Cj0KCQiAhKviBRCNARIsAAGZ7CcmCbrTPE_ejZkEU0phT8Ay8lJtPub9ErP_utd5C0rNorodJbFdE80aAlR_EALw_wcB

Dunno Yamaha “story” and Pacifica ramifications.  Is it correct to assume 59’s no longer being produced?  

59 hits a sweet spot for many players and professional musical productions using 59 multiples around the world.  

Modeling handles Fender boink nicely and stock hum buckers sound great.  Throw in the only real fixed bridge option and 59’s occupy a unique niche in Variax hierarchy.

Also old 500’s perked up significantly compared to bottom prices 5 years ago.  700 Acoustics beginning to experience a similar surge in used prices, IMO….

Get ‘em while you can!  

4 hours ago, jerseyboy said:

Is it correct to assume 59’s no longer being produced?  

Not really...there's been no official word that any of the JTV's are out of production. The Standard was meant to enter into the sub-$1K guitar category, not as a "replacement" for the JTV's, as such. The tech is the same, they just stuffed it into a cheaper guitar. But as always, it's anybody's guess what/ when they'll do anything in particular... sooner or later the next generation of Variax will show up, anywhere between tomorrow morning and Doomsday. It's all a glorious mystery. ;)

• Upvote 1