Sign in to follow this  
scottwilliams

IR Names Shortened in Helix?

Hi - 

i got the Celestion pack of Suhr IRs... when i put them in helix, i can't see the full name in helix or in helix edit. 

for example the Suhr Badger V30 112 C Hi-Gn 421+121 Celestion shows up in the list, but only as Suhr Badger V30 112 C Hi-Gn.

the problem is there are 4 or 5 versions of this (different mic/room combos) and it makes it impossible to know which is which when adding to a patch.

I could shorten the name before importing, but it's nice to be able to refer to the original names.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

This is an unfortunate reality for now, and often a topic of conversation. You just have to settle on what information you must have and what format will still be intelligible to you next week. Don’t forget: when you export your IRs to back them up they will end up sorted alphabetically. So if you want everything to go back to the slot where it started you’ll have to give up precious characters to put the the slot number in the name, too.

Per the NAMM press release from Line 6 regarding firmware 2.80:

Improvements/Changes

Impulse Response blocks now display as many IR file name characters as will fit in the inspector header. In addition, the last several characters will be visible regardless of name length (as they're often the most important ones!)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2