Sign in to follow this  
pboy76

Change Xps Power Supply

Hi,

I have a variax 700 acoustic, powered by xps A/b box.

Now, the 9v AC 2000mA power supply used for xps doesn't work, and I would like to change it.

The xps needs 2000 mA to work, or I can use another power supply with handle less mA (such as some power supply like Cioks AC Rider, T-Rex Fuel Tank Goliath...)?

Thank you

One thing that is unique about these power supplies is that they are AC.  If you replace it make sure the replacement is also AC!  I do not believe that you need 2000mA for the Variax.  Half that should be fine based on the battery run time.  DO NOT USE A DC POWER SUPPLY!

best to do a quick web search and get the original power supply... very common search for line6 PX2

Thank you for your replies.

I know that AC is the most important element, but I would like to know if there are another methods to powering xps.

Some power supplies provide  9ac current (cioks AC rider, t-rex fuel tank goliath), but with less mA, so I don't sure that xps works properly.

I think the reason they ship a 2000mA AC supply with the XPS is because they use that supply for many of the pods.  I know for sure that the XPS / Variax doesn't use anywhere new 2 amps.  If you have a 9VAC supply that is good for 1 amp (1000Ma) that will work.