Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Switching To Specific Channel On Dt25 Question

mqueluz

Hi!!

I own a DT25 head. Regarding channel switching, we only need one switch footswitch to change from A to B channel right?

I was considering buying a Carl Martin Octa Switch Mk2, and the idea would be to turn on and off my pedals and switch channels on the DT, depending on the patch. Can I switch channel to a specific channel with the DT? Like the first four, use channel A and the last, channel, B? So even if I pressed the first switch repeatedly it would stay in channel A...?

Get the idea? I don't know if this is possible. I'm referring the Carl Martin but we could be talking about any footswitch with 2 at least 2 switches.

Thanks.

Yes, a single footswitch with a standard mono tip-sleeve 1/4" cable will toggle the DT between channel A and channel B. With a dual footswitch using a stereo 1/4" cable, tip-sleeve controls the channel while ring-sleeve controls reverb.

I tested the DT25 channel switching feature using a Morley RFS-1 "on/off" footswitch. When the switch is closed (i.e. tip connected to sleeve ground), the amp will use channel A.  When open (no connection between tip and sleeve) the amp will switch to channel B.  The two external switch outputs on the Octa-Swtich are programmable per patch to be either open (channel A) or closed (channel B ). Thus, selecting the first bank on the Octa-Swtich repeatedly will stay on the channel configured for that bank.  The second external switch output could then be used to control the DT25 reverb.

Sounds like a pretty cool setup.  Hope to hear back on how it works out for you when you decide to pull the trigger. :)

Cheers.

FYI ...

One of the things I was doing for a while was to NOT use an active preamp model in the HD500 (L6 Linked to the DT25) … so I was in essence using it as an efx pedal board with the onboard preamps in the DT25. With no active amp model on the POD, the DT25 automatically sets itself for Channel B, however, I found that with a foot switch you could force it to go to Channel A and still use all the efx from the DT25. So (for example) I would have a clean and crunch scenario set up on the DT25 and switch between the two channels. It was interesting experiment and if I had to play out with just the DT25 by itself, I already had the proper tones set up and balanced in standalone mode.