Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

ML Sound Lab IRs OMG!!!

Evan329

2 hours ago, MLSoundLab said:

Yeah I mean it's unprotected digital goods we're talking about here. The problem with sample IR's is that if that IR is meant to be impressive then it's most likely one of the best IR's in the pack. If it's not then it might not impress too many people. I probably don't have to explain the risks of giving away most of the best IR's for free. And 29.99€ is $34.45. It's a store in Europe and our currency is the euro. :) But sure this is the digital age... just imagine someone going to a guitar store looking for a tubescreamer and demanding a mini tubescreamer for free before they make the decision to get the big tubescreamer?

Will you have any future products based on Gilmour theme of IR'S Thanks 

To me more options are always cool. My hope is these guys release more IRs of different types and that they offer on the Line 6 store itself.

Clearly they're priced on the higher end and the question will be if they can convince people they're worth it.

Some on here feel they're priced too high. Are they?  Honestly that's what markets figure out.  If these guys are asinine crazy to ask such a high price they'll find out soon enough.

As a guitarist though, more options is always preferable, even if I never buy it. I'm never (well - I think never) buying a Kemper, but they keep Line 6 on their A game so I love that they exist.

I thought I would just share what was found while searching YouTube. Their just IRs that happen to sound completely amazing for $35. After blowing around $1600 cdn on Helix spending another $35 is nothing to add to the experience of using the Helix. Studio Lab has money in their future. An unbelievable product.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ftbtx said:

So the Axe IRs are different than the Helix ones? (Sorry for the dumb question, I'm new to this)

No, they're the same, AFAIK the only difference is, Axe is 200ms 48kHz 24 bit, Helix is 200ms 48kHz 16 bit, regular .wav is 500ms whatever sample rate

• Like 1

Interesting....thanks for that link.

I own some 3rd party IR's specific to Helix, and they are all 48k/24bit or 48k/32bit floating point. 

But, as that article states, the "HX Edit app may automatically change the attributes before sending to the Helix".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rsvette12 said:

Will you have any future products based on Gilmour theme of IR'S Thanks 

I don't work for nor have anything to do with them but their methods are about getting an actual cab's IR. He hasn't mentioned any artist/song matching IR's which are definitely out there but the methods to get those aren't the same as those used to get a cab's IR. The cab IR method is the one they say they've perfected, not matching a specific sound or artist. So I'm gonna guess the answer is no. BUT, I could be wrong.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 8:03 AM, MLSoundLab said:

There will be more Cab Packs and Amp Packs on the way for sure. I have quite an impressive collection of super rare amps and cabs after all. F.ex. all variants of the pre-Rola Greenback. ;)

Cool, thanks for your reply. I look forward to checking them out whenever they drop. Always fun to check out new stuff, and it’s cheaper than a new pedal, haha!

• Like 1

Just tried the free cab. Laughed when it was stated best ir in the world. Was expecting not to be.

Tried it with a recto, path A and IR of ML.

Recto, path B and IR of Ownhammer Mes-osV70. From quick start folder. (too lazy to search one by one).

Result. The 12vth cab from the list was similar, but with more attack and more edge, more easy to cut in the mix.

IMO, too much money for something that you can get with 1 quarter from ownhammer, and a bit of EQ (although again, imo it sounded better the ownhammer as it was)

1 hour ago, gunpointmetal said:

Yes, I'm his bodyguard, and you're obviously 14-15. If you felt personally attacked by my comments (as I didn't quote, or mention any specific post) might be time for some introspection.

I dont know why you just dont let other people have their opinion without you feeling the need to insert your mouth in the middle and start slinging the insults? Why are you so worried about what i have to say? We have a a perfectly legit beef here.  Its just a discussion. No need to jump in with your condescending remarks - "if you dont like it dont buy it" - "its not that complicated" (no kidding?? thanks for the heads up) 

22 hours ago, gunpointmetal said:

that's on you friend

Thats on YOU dude. Its not "soft language" as you call it.  Its about not coming equipped with enough mental competence to rebut an opinion without resorting to name calling.  calling people entitled, asinine, stop complaining, you must be 15, ect.

You have an opinion on the topic, great!  Let'r rip.

You have an opinion on my opinion or want to tell me how to conduct myself? Then we'll have an issue.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, codamedia said:

Interesting....thanks for that link.

I own some 3rd party IR's specific to Helix, and they are all 48k/24bit or 48k/32bit floating point. 

But, as that article states, the "HX Edit app may automatically change the attributes before sending to the Helix".

I havent really paid attention, but have you detected any difference in sound or quality? as opposed to the 48/16 files Helix calls for? I guess it could come down to the quality of the conversion? Dropping a 96/24 file in Helix should still work but will it sound different than the same file at 48/16? Will it sound different whether using a redwirez converted IR, as opposed to a file that was converted by loading it into the helix? Splitting hairs im sure. Just curious. The guitar style factors in i bet.. May be completely imperceptible in a "wall of sound" rock production while a single cleanish or acoustic track may show signs of degradation. Monitoring would also be a factor here.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:07 AM, gunpointmetal said:

But you do have the chance to get an impression, and again, if my comments felt like a personal attack, that's on you friend. My conversational style isn't dependent on my location relative to a keyboard, just don't have time for soft language. Sorry, or something.

Thats ok. Laugh if you want, but i bet thats the last time you step to me trying to play hard guy.

I totally expected that type of reaction from you. Youre a troll out drama shopping.. Perpetuating is the only thing that makes sense.

6 minutes ago, willjrock said:

Thats ok. Laugh if you want, but i bet thats the last time you step to me trying to play hard guy.

I totally expected that type of reaction from you. Youre a troll out drama shopping.. Perpetuating is the only thing that makes sense.

And here you are, still talking about it a day later, tagging me on a second post for what reason? I can't imagine being so "soft" as to think someone disagreeing with you on the internet would be referred to as "stepping to you playing hard guy", especially when you took something so personally you had to respond even though nobody tagged you/mentioned you/asked you anything. Did you try the sample, or did you just come back to keep this extremely fun and enlightening conversation going? 

I just downloaded the Celestion Pick-5 Mix & Match and I was blown away by the several hundred (literally hundreds in every usable sample rate) mic and speaker combinations that they send you. They make a huge difference when recording into Pro Tool. The Vintage 30s sound the best to me so far, but the Creamback and Greenbacks sound great too. I am willing to check out any and all IRs that are made for the Helix, as they truly improve the sound like you can't believe until you try them.

On 2/1/2019 at 8:06 AM, willjrock said:

I havent really paid attention, but have you detected any difference in sound or quality? as opposed to the 48/16 files Helix calls for? I guess it could come down to the quality of the conversion? 

Sorry, I have not done such a test... My Ownhammer IR's (in their Helix Folder) are 48k/24bit... I just load them up and use them. They sound great, I don't worry about it :) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 3:07 PM, MLSoundLab said:

Hi guys and thank you so much for the nice words. I've had a Helix for a few months now and I most definitely can make it sound like my real amplifiers with our IR's. I'll post clips soon. I don't necessarily feel like I miss having literally a hundred advanced options that something like my Axe-Fx III has. We're actually working on releasing some Helix compatible presets that work perfectly with our IR's so keep an eye out: ml-sound-lab.com

As for free IR's we keep things pretty tight but occasionally there are free IR's that get shared. Here's one to give you an idea what an "ML mix IR" sounds like: http://bit.ly/MLSoundLab

I just gave the free IR a go on my helix. Its a really nice IR so even balanced across the frequency spectrum. I think I'll wait to see what else you bring out though before making a purchase.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Bought a pack on 1st April. No info from the shop during a prior conversation that sale(s) were coming up. Also no compensation for those who paid extra so close to sale dates. There was a also a buy one get one free offer soon after their "20% off" Easter sale. ML sound labs is extremely unethical imo and I would request that you consider this message before your next purchase.

There is generally a certain gentlemanly courtesy I believe we extend each other as musicians which Mikko, the guy who runs ML sound labs does not seem to possess. Cheers. 

• Downvote 4

16 minutes ago, aaronbrito said:

Bought a pack on 1st April. No info from the shop during a prior conversation that sale(s) were coming up. Also no compensation for those who paid extra so close to sale dates. There was a also a buy one get one free offer soon after their "20% off" Easter sale. ML sound labs is extremely unethical imo and I would request that you consider this message before your next purchase.

There is generally a certain gentlemanly courtesy I believe we extend each other as musicians which Mikko, the guy who runs ML sound labs does not seem to possess. Cheers. 

Wow. I can’t imagine what it must be like in the fantasy land you’ve created for yourself. He sold you a product for a price you agreed to, and the product (I assume, because you haven’t indicated otherwise) performs as advertised. He is under no further obligation to you, despite your feelings of entitlement. 

welcome-to-the-real-world.jpg

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Verne-Bunsen said:

Wow. I can’t imagine what it must be like in the fantasy land you’ve created for yourself. He sold you a product for a price you agreed to, and the product (I assume, because you haven’t indicated otherwise) performs as advertised. He is under no further obligation to you, despite your feelings of entitlement. 

welcome-to-the-real-world.jpg

Thanks. No sense of entitlement here. I also understand and know that ML Sound Lab's legal obligations have been fulfilled.

Common decency though is not fulfilled. Anyway, I wasn't asking for anyone's opinion on the subject, just sharing my thoughts so people can make of them what they will. 

Thanks though! Awesome meme. 

• Upvote 1

Sheesh. This sense of being owed something is why we can't have nice things.

I remember when I bought a 500x HD it dropped on price $100 a month late.

Still loved the damn thing.

• Thanks 1

I'd like to thank everyone for sticking up for me. There are a couple of details that were left out by @aaronbrito

1) He got a 5€ discount when we didn't have a sale going on as an act of kindness on my part - that's 1€ price difference to the 20% Easter Sale
2) I offered to make things better by giving him another discount but he didn't accept it - I assume he wanted something for free

His message to me:

Basic courtesy from my dealing with most vendors up to now has been that a grace period of one month is offered with purchases - ie if a discount/ sale happens in that one month the difference is refunded or the same sale terms are offered to the customer

I kindly told him that this is not true. No company would ever have a sale if it meant they'd lose 20% off their last months profits. Also it's against social media policies to spam thousands of customers when you have a sale going. This would lead to a ban/restrictions on social media.

Again - I try to do my best when it comes to customer service but people asking for free stuff is unfair for the people who pay full price. Thank you so much for sticking up for me - you guys are the best.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

What I can't understand, why are some people complaining about the choices they make ? If you regret your choice to purchase the product, look in the mirror and start complaining. I'm so glad this company exist and many other, we have a large selection of IRs to choose from.

6 hours ago, MLSoundLab said:
I'd like to thank everyone for sticking up for me. There are a couple of details that were left out by @aaronbrito

1) He got a 5€ discount when we didn't have a sale going on as an act of kindness on my part - that's 1€ price difference to the 20% Easter Sale
2) I offered to make things better by giving him another discount but he didn't accept it - I assume he wanted something for free

His message to me:

I kindly told him that this is not true. No company would ever have a sale if it meant they'd lose 20% off their last months profits. Also it's against social media policies to spam thousands of customers when you have a sale going. This would lead to a ban/restrictions on social media.

Again - I try to do my best when it comes to customer service but people asking for free stuff is unfair for the people who pay full price. Thank you so much for sticking up for me - you guys are the best.

Don't remember giving you permission to post any part of our conversation. 

After spending about half an hour asking about sales, which product to buy and basically ending the conversation saying I'd wait for the next sale, this guy gave me a 5 Eur Coupon. 

I dislike you even more now, for trying to come out as the good guy. Guess you had to try to save your skin. And the no company shtick is not true. Any ethical company would. Also what the deal behind doing a 20% sale followed by a 50% sale?? Lol. 

Anyway its the internet. Maybe you're a good person in real life.

It'd be nice if some forum members on here could see another POV, instead of sticking up for a seemingly popular vendor.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, aaronbrito said:

After spending about half an hour asking about sales, which product to buy and basically ending the conversation saying I'd wait for the next sale, this guy gave me a 5 Eur Coupon. 

I dislike you even more now, for trying to come out as the good guy. Guess you had to try to save your skin. And the no company shtick is not true. Any ethical company would. Also what the deal behind doing a 20% sale followed by a 50% sale?? Lol. 

It'd be nice if some forum members on here could see another POV, instead of sticking up for a seemingly popular vendor.

You tried to come out as the good guy too. You also are the one who took it public, so don't cry about him sharing more info now.

Also, for what it's worth, I side with him, not you. A business can hold sales whenever they want, and they don't owe you a damn thing if you miss it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 5/6/2019 at 3:01 AM, aaronbrito said:

I didn’t ask permission to post this, but I will because I thought your attitude seemed familiar. You really don’t like missing out, such as your reaction in another thread on here, when the Helix LT was released. This was your comment!

Does anyone else feel cheated with the release of the LT?

Why - The Helix has stuff I don't use (which are not present in the LT). Could've saved myself 400 USD?”

And now this?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, datacommando said:

I didn’t ask permission to post this, but I will because I thought your attitude seemed familiar. You really don’t like missing out, such as your reaction in another thread on here, when the Helix LT was released. This was your comment!

Does anyone else feel cheated with the release of the LT?

Why - The Helix has stuff I don't use (which are not present in the LT). Could've saved myself 400 USD?”

And now this?

Still stand by those words and believe the LT would've been a wiser choice for me.

Anyway, the main lesson I learnt here is to be patient and not to trust vendors who say they have no plans for sales. Cheers guys. Thanks for the feedback.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, aaronbrito said:

Still stand by those words and believe the LT would've been a wiser choice for me.

Anyway, the main lesson I learnt here is to be patient and not to trust vendors who say they have no plans for sales. Cheers guys. Thanks for the feedback.

Okay that does it - since you really wanted to take part in the egg hunt that you missed out on I'll create you a different kind of hunt and the prize will be A FREE CAB PACK!!!!

I will give you a Cab Pack for free with one condition. This condition will be the hardest thing I've ever asked of anyone but here it goes - find one person on this forum who agrees with you after hearing this full story. Just one real person will do. The person has to be someone neither of us knows and not a fake account person. We need a real name and personality behind this one mystery person. Let the game begin.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MLSoundLab said:

Okay that does it - since you really wanted to take part in the egg hunt that you missed out on I'll create you a different kind of hunt and the prize will be A FREE CAB PACK!!!!

I will give you a Cab Pack for free with one condition. This condition will be the hardest thing I've ever asked of anyone but here it goes - find one person on this forum who agrees with you after hearing this full story. Just one real person will do. The person has to be someone neither of us knows and not a fake account person. We need a real name and personality behind this one mystery person. Let the game begin.

Dangerous. These forums are full of entitled d-bags.

• Upvote 1