Jump to content
Evan329

ML Sound Lab IRs OMG!!!

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, MLSoundLab said:

Okay that does it - since you really wanted to take part in the egg hunt that you missed out on I'll create you a different kind of hunt and the prize will be A FREE CAB PACK!!!!

 

I will give you a Cab Pack for free with one condition. This condition will be the hardest thing I've ever asked of anyone but here it goes - find one person on this forum who agrees with you after hearing this full story. Just one real person will do. The person has to be someone neither of us knows and not a fake account person. We need a real name and personality behind this one mystery person. Let the game begin.

 

You have my business for life.  Tried, tested, and proven products.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MLSoundLab said:

Okay that does it - since you really wanted to take part in the egg hunt that you missed out on I'll create you a different kind of hunt and the prize will be A FREE CAB PACK!!!!

 

I will give you a Cab Pack for free with one condition. This condition will be the hardest thing I've ever asked of anyone but here it goes - find one person on this forum who agrees with you after hearing this full story. Just one real person will do. The person has to be someone neither of us knows and not a fake account person. We need a real name and personality behind this one mystery person. Let the game begin.

 

This is a nice offer but no thanks. To summarize what's happened so far:

- I ask a vendor if he has upcoming sales.

- He says no plans at the moment.

- Ask him some other questions about the cabs and say OK I'll wait for a sale.

- Vendor ask if a 5 Eur discount would help. I say OK sure and buy a pack.

- Three weeks later, we have an Easter 20% sale, followed by a 50% sale.

- I ask the vendor why he said there are no plans for sales. He says these were unplanned.

- Some human, not so professional interactions ensue.

- I take to an internet forum or two to share my experience.

- The internet strikes back and takes the side of the (much more popular) vendor.

- Vendor shares excerpts from a private conversation and the vendor himself takes digs at me.

 

Whether anyone believes my side or not or sees my POV is kind of irrelevant right now. Lessons have been learnt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@aaronbrito No one has at any point questioned whether your story is true or not. I'm actually very happy about you being honest about what happened now because I did give you the best customer service and went to lengths to make you a happy customer. Once you started posting on forums about me being a bad person even after I was very kind to you, that's what I have a problem with.

 

There are two things that you're saying that are dishonest 1) you didn't originally tell people that you got a special deal from ML that was almost exactly the same deal that you're mad about and 2) there has never been a 50% off sale. There was an easter egg hunt on the website and that was by design - an "easter egg". Here's the official definition of an easter egg:

"An unexpected or undocumented feature in a piece of computer software or on a DVD, included as a joke or a bonus."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, MLSoundLab said:

@aaronbrito No one has at any point questioned whether your story is true or not. I'm actually very happy about you being honest about what happened now because I did give you the best customer service and went to lengths to make you a happy customer. Once you started posting on forums about me being a bad person even after I was very kind to you, that's what I have a problem with.

 

There are two things that you're saying that are dishonest 1) you didn't originally tell people that you got a special deal from ML that was almost exactly the same deal that you're mad about and 2) there has never been a 50% off sale. There was an easter egg hunt on the website and that was by design - an "easter egg". Here's the official definition of an easter egg:

"An unexpected or undocumented feature in a piece of computer software or on a DVD, included as a joke or a bonus."

 

Your Easter egg was posted pretty publicly. I'm sure you were aware this could happen before hand.

 

I am by no means a dishonest person and I take offense at being called one. I did not mention the five Euro "discount" you offered before I was comparing what I paid to what those who participated in your "Easter Egg hunt" paid. 

 

Anyway, seems like my words are lost on you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MLSoundLab said:

Okay that does it - since you really wanted to take part in the egg hunt that you missed out on I'll create you a different kind of hunt and the prize will be A FREE CAB PACK!!!!

 

I will give you a Cab Pack for free with one condition. This condition will be the hardest thing I've ever asked of anyone but here it goes - find one person on this forum who agrees with you after hearing this full story. Just one real person will do. The person has to be someone neither of us knows and not a fake account person. We need a real name and personality behind this one mystery person. Let the game begin.

This is stupid.... and bad business practices gents.   Let your product speak for itself, if its that good, you can let the trolls wonder around in the forums and its member's will take care of business for you.   It's clear in your responses that you are passionate about your product. 

You can change my mind on the unprofessional comment with that free cab pack to me instead, because if your gonna give something away for free it shouldn't be to the squeaky wheel on this... 

business 101. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rucmas said:

This is stupid.... and bad business practices gents.   Let your product speak for itself, if its that good, you can let the trolls wonder around in the forums and its member's will take care of business for you.   It's clear in your responses that you are passionate about your product. 

You can change my mind on the unprofessional comment with that free cab pack to me instead, because if your gonna give something away for free it shouldn't be to the squeaky wheel on this... 

business 101. 

 

 

 

 

 

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy cow. Even if the sale was planned, it doesn't make any sense to broadcast, and since when do people just ask "Hey, can I get this for cheaper in a week or what?" I think I'm gonna start doing that. When I wanna order something from Sweetwater, I'm gonna message my guy and just be like "Hey man, can you get this ordered for me, and just apply whatever the next sale you're going to have will be ahead of time?" So, the easter egg was an online only/FB thing? That's how pop-up/easter egg sales work. Not everyone gets one, they last for a limited time. (face palm emoji)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, gunpointmetal said:

Holy cow. Even if the sale was planned, it doesn't make any sense to broadcast, and since when do people just ask "Hey, can I get this for cheaper in a week or what?" I think I'm gonna start doing that. When I wanna order something from Sweetwater, I'm gonna message my guy and just be like "Hey man, can you get this ordered for me, and just apply whatever the next sale you're going to have will be ahead of time?" So, the easter egg was an online only/FB thing? That's how pop-up/easter egg sales work. Not everyone gets one, they last for a limited time. (face palm emoji)

 

Perhaps you're not aware of this but with Sweetwater you can actually email and/ or talk to them over the phone and get the best prices, even sale prices when theres no sale on.

 

And you can walk into any clothing outlet (where I am at least) and ask when the next sale is on or even ask online retailers (try checking with a few like JRRshop, Audiodeluxe etc.). Or a whole bunch of companies have predictable sales cycles. What is your point exactly?

 

I believe the "Easter Egg" wasn't so hard to find and was even posted on a forum. Again, what is your point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, aaronbrito said:

 

Anyway, the main lesson I learnt here is to be patient and not to trust vendors who say they have no plans for sales. Cheers guys. Thanks for the feedback.

 

 

It appears to me that you haven't learnt any lessons here or you really would have let this go by now. You're not coming across as someone who knows how to accept the inevitable - some you win, some you lose. Oh, now I get it - you really are a loser!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, datacommando said:

 

It appears to me that you haven't learnt any lessons here or you really would have let this go by now. You're not coming across as someone who knows how to accept the inevitable - some you win, some you lose. Oh, now I get it - you really are a loser!

 

Thanks! I only replied because the vendor called me a liar which I didn't appreciate. Also, the vendor felt obligated to post snarky alternative Easter Egg hunts on here even after we agreed to let it go over PM. 

 

And now I'm a loser too. Good job I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aaronbrito said:

 

Thanks! I only replied because the vendor called me a liar which I didn't appreciate.

 

And now I'm a loser too. Good job I guess. 

 

One more time - you are not doing yourself any favours here and by posting this sort of stuff across various forums makes it seem you are behaving like a spoilt child. Sh!t happens! Get over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about we just move on?  Time is money and you've wasted a lot of it!  No discount for you.  NEXT...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aaronbrito said:

 

Perhaps you're not aware of this but with Sweetwater you can actually email and/ or talk to them over the phone and get the best prices, even sale prices when theres no sale on.

 

And you can walk into any clothing outlet (where I am at least) and ask when the next sale is on or even ask online retailers (try checking with a few like JRRshop, Audiodeluxe etc.). Or a whole bunch of companies have predictable sales cycles. What is your point exactly?

 

I believe the "Easter Egg" wasn't so hard to find and was even posted on a forum. Again, what is your point?

 

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go buy your plug-ins from someone else.  Maybe they'll offer you 50% off after you tell them this sob story.

 

I'm guessing it's been a while for youI.  Someone needs a hug!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week my local grocery store offered top sirloin steaks for $3.99 a pound. It was OKAY, and I considered buying them to cook for my wife and mom on Mother's Day, but then I thought . . . wait . . . it will PROBABLY go on sale for MORE the week of Mother's Day!

 

So I waited!

 

Last night they were $5.99 a pound!  FIVE NINETY NINE!!! Those lying thieving bastards anticipated more people would be desperate during Mother's Day week!

 

They had ribs on sale though for a VERY good price so I went with that. Silly me. Life went on. I still prefer steak and I hope to see those guys burn in hell. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thread has turned into junk and is generating reports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×