Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Synth Tones For A Newbie

albatross32

Be warned this is going to be a very low tech query!  I am just getting to grips with my HD500X. What I am most interested in is finding amazing tones that don't sound like a guitar.  I have tried many of the preloaded synth style tones and although many sound great they don't seem to allow quick playing.  There are tones that fade in or where there is a nano-second of delay between hitting the note and hearing the sound.  This therefore means that a fast progression of notes just blends into a messy noise.  I there any tips for achieving a true synth or keyboard sound that can be played with the attack of a guitar.

There are some interesting synth sounds in the HD500, but as "TheRealZap" stated they're mostly monophonic & in some cases, unless you really have them set up well, they don't track perfectly. I think some of them are usable for pads, background sounds, and some for simple lead lines, but the HD500 is not really a guitar synth per se. If you want good synth tones with pretty good tracking, you should try out a Fishman Triple Play, or a roland GR-55.