Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Had Enough Of The Hd500...buying A Kemper

Jeffsco

Wha... really? How sneaky!

I'm really not up with all this technology stuff; even on the music side I try to KISS, so I do find this a bit creepy. I s'pose "they're" making sure I'm not a "bot". Fair enough, but I fear I'm getting a little old for this stuff.

Thanks for that, pianoguyy.

I also really like how the JTV integrates into the system; splitting the mags and models, for example, is my new thing. I love the sound of the variax mags through one amp model, into one DT, and the variax models into another amp model, and it's own DT. Balancing those sounds is killer, it just sounds stellar - both live from the amps, and through the XLR recording signal. A JTV is no slouch on price either - but, for the price of two Kemper's to get dual amp models, you could buy an HD500x, a JTV, two DT25's, and still have $500 left over.

I imagine Kemper + Stagesource sounds pretty stellar though! :) Get a pair of L3t's dialed in... OR even the L2t's, those little guys are loud and punchy, with really tight low end. Annoying fan noise... but that doesn't really matter if everything is going direct.

Once you start doing "dual tones" it is hard to go back. I can say both Axe and KPA are way easier to get great tones out of but Variax is a huge part of what I do so that a POD or two will likely be in my rig for a loooong time.

• Upvote 1