Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd 500 Has A Problem

croSSed

See this is one of those times as a coder that I have to wonder... If as one fellow said in that link "this question gets asked hundreds of times", why doesn't Line6 address it?

I suspect that the answer is they cannot duplicate it... It you can't duplicate it, you can't fix it.

That doesn't help the OP I know, but it seems worth mentioning. Now, I love all the sounds I can get out of my Line6 gear, but This kind of thing is frustrating too...

• Upvote 1

I don't have a way to test the wall transformer, and I don't want to spend the money to buy one to find out that wasn't the problem.

Also, I tried connecting to Line 6 Monkey just now on advice from the Support team to re-install the flash memory, but my computer - and by extension, Line 6 Monkey - doesn't even recognize that there is a device connected to it via USB.

Try powering up while holding down the RIGHT Nav key/cursor. If you get the test startup screen (it will show PEDAL at the top of the list) use the down arrow until REFLASH (or something like that) is selected. Then run Line 6 Monkey to reinstall the firmware.

Try powering up while holding down the RIGHT Nav key/cursor. If you get the test startup screen (it will show PEDAL at the top of the list) use the down arrow until REFLASH (or something like that) is selected. Then run Line 6 Monkey to reinstall the firmware.

I did that.  No effect.

See this is one of those times as a coder that I have to wonder... If as one fellow said in that link "this question gets asked hundreds of times", why doesn't Line6 address it?

I suspect that the answer is they cannot duplicate it... It you can't duplicate it, you can't fix it.

That doesn't help the OP I know, but it seems worth mentioning. Now, I love all the sounds I can get out of my Line6 gear, but This kind of thing is frustrating too...

I actually had this problem several times and every time I was able to recover using Global Reset!! Actually I could duplicate it. Once I realized that it happened due to corrupt patch after hours of using HD edit. One of the patches became corrupt so I saved it separately to come back to it later before I copied a patch that isn't corrupt over the same location. Sure enough I opened the corrupt patch again just to see what happens and within seconds of using the Edit, the POD went into the dreadful loop. So based on this I would say line 6 already has a solution for this by providing the Global reset. My guess is that it happens due to HD EDIT when interfacing with the computer (pc or Mac) and a patch can become corrupt!  

To the croSSed: Unplug the USB from your POD and try the global reset. (I'm presuming you were using HD edit when this happened)

DeanDinosaur - Thank you for the reply.  However, I've done what you said here several times, and it will not stop looping.  After it sits for a day or so I'll come back to it, push the left arrow key, and power on.  It still loops.  I've tried every arrow direction, too just to see if that does anything.  Nothing.  It just loops the start up screen.

line 6 was having some kind of server issue in the last week or so and previously monkey could not connect to the server for updates. I just tried monkey, and it did connect this time. Maybe the server connection problem is fixed now. I don't know if the connection problems had anything to do with devices not being recognized, but try connecting through monkey again. Maybe it will now recognize your hardware. You should be able to re-install the flash memory now (I hope).

You could take the unit to the place you bought it and see if they have a power supply that you could try with your unit to see if you power supply is bad.

That way you wouldn't have to spend the money just to see if your supply is bad.