Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Why don't you support TRS Expression pedal?

iNX974

I've tried to use 2 of my expression pedal that I owned with my new HX Effects. And I can't use them properly

First Expression works until I change preset, after that I lost control, and I have to reboot the HX

Second Expression doesn't work at all.

And after reading the forum I saw that you have ton rewire your expression to make a TS Cable?

I really wish an update on futur firmware will resolve this problem

Well, it's a matter of hardware, not firmware. As to why Line 6 doesn't use the TRS expression pedal scheme, I'd say it goes back to the very beginning when they launched the DL4 and the other 4-button stomps. Those pedals used a TS expression pedal, so they've decided to be consistent with all their products since then.

With a tiny amount of soldering skills, any existing TRS expression can be easily wired to work with the Helix. If anything, LINE 6 products work with the simplest of all Expression Pedal wiring schemes. All it cares about is the resistance between the Tip and the Sleeve. The Helix isn't even extremely picky about the pot value like the previous units were. 

line6.jpg.d19751a326758429987d20dddd0cdc8f.jpg