Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Talkbox question....again

KRTW

Greetings. I did search this forum and on line to see if I could find a definitive answer to this, but I am still not sure if what I want to do will work, and how to set it up. I have a Danelectro Free Speech. I am planning on running this into an FX loop, the send into input, the output into the return. Then I can place the loop where I want in my FX chain.  Next, a second mic just for the talkbox, plugged into the mic input of the Helix, with the outputs routed appropriately to the mixer.

Does this make sense?

yes to me, I've used the Rocktron Banshee in this manner.  (not with the helix)...but with my axe FX and also my Boss GT 100....

There a few ways you can run it....into the 'input' or in the FX loops..... into the input is the manual recommended way..however this removes the simplicity of routing the on/off of the effect....using it in the FX loops of whatever unit allows you to control the use of the effect on your pedalboard. 

I've thought about adding one again, and I personally would run it in the FX send/return that way I could create snapshots using the effect.  Take the song by Alice In Chains "Man In The Box".. It'd allow me to incorporate the talk box in 3 ways....1)talkbox only, 2) guitar only, 3) talkbox + guitar (mix I choose).  It takes some work, but the flexibility in the FX Loop scenario is well worth it once you figure it out.  

I us the same tbox too. I running in one fx loop, and use ona a/b split to use tbox with snapshots. If i don´t connect the pedal, i have no sound in snapshot one so i swich on the pedal during all the song and then switch off. Using a/b split you can add gain, eq, etc only for the talk box. You can use it with the original mics, one mic with adapter, one mic connected to helix or connected to mixer.

It´s a modded glenn delaune patch, hope it helps.

IMG_20190201_104836.jpg