Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native is $99 for LT, Stomp, and HX Effects Owners

soundog

The $99 Helix Native pricing for owners of registered Helix (Helix Floor, Rack, LT) and HX (Stomp, Effects) devices was officially announced last Friday evening at Line 6's Customer Appreciation Event.

This is the pricing structure moving forward -- not a temporary sale nor promotion. 

Hello,

I've got a Helix LT since one year and have seen this new cheaper price which seems relly interesting (comparing to the previous one).

Nevertheless, i've got a newbee question about this kind of product.

I think it could bring me the ability to create presets without connecting my Helix to my computer.

But i don't see other adds (so the price wouldn't be so inexpensive for my utility). 

If i even want to record on my daw (thing i do rarely), i have to connect my Helix to my computer.....

So what are the others advantages of this product or ways to use it ????

Tx

So my Helix is registered with the serial number on the site, but won't let me purchase the plugin.  I'm guessing because I bought it used.  Correct?

It's not the end of the world.  I can leave the Helix plugged in like I always have.  It would just be nice to not HAVE to, and only take my Helix out for gigs.  I certainly can't pay $399 for a  plug in when I already have the hardware.  Just doesn't make sense.  $99 is much easier to hide from the wife.  ;)

30 minutes ago, HeathDaddy said:

$99 is much easier to hide from the wife.  ;)

Lol... takes me back to my music retail days 20+ years ago. It's was a little Mom & Pop place, and we were still hand-writing receipts back then... we'd hand out "wife receipts", upon request. It's amazing how many $1800 Les Pauls walked out the door for "$600"...;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, MusicLaw said:

The $99 Helix Native pricing for owners of registered Helix (Helix Floor, Rack, LT) and HX (Stomp, Effects) devices was officially announced last Friday evening at Line 6's Customer Appreciation Event.

This is the pricing structure moving forward -- not a temporary sale nor promotion. 

I missed any mention of that here on the forums, so this is great news, especially for Stomp and Effects owners.

8 hours ago, SteveFrance said:

Hello,

I've got a Helix LT since one year and have seen this new cheaper price which seems relly interesting (comparing to the previous one).

Nevertheless, i've got a newbee question about this kind of product.

I think it could bring me the ability to create presets without connecting my Helix to my computer.

But i don't see other adds (so the price wouldn't be so inexpensive for my utility). 

If i even want to record on my daw (thing i do rarely), i have to connect my Helix to my computer.....

So what are the others advantages of this product or ways to use it ????

Tx

In your situation, the advantage might not be so great. I'm an HX Stomp user, so I don't have the full power of the Helix - what's nice about Helix Native for me is I can effectively experiment in the full Helix realm when I'm at home with my PC, which is honestly the majority of the time. Pretty cool. Here are some things that still apply in your case though:

1. If you have or do purchase a smaller audio interface than your Helix (and I mean, there are some decent ones for between $100 and $200 like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Behringer-UMC204HD-BEHRINGER/dp/B00QHURLCW/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1549040406&sr=8-15&keywords=guitar+audio+interface&refinements=p_72%3A2661618011) then you could essentially have the power of the Helix on your PC without lugging your Helix over there.

2. In the upcoming update (2.8) Helix Native is supposed to allow you to take full advantage of however powerful your PC's processor is, so if your PC can handle more blocks than the original Helix, you can do it.

Now admittedly all of this is kind of first world problem stuff. Honestly, there are a lot of advantages to just hooking up the full Helix to your PC, especially since in the upcoming 2.8 update you're supposed to be able to control the PC somewhat with your Helix.

However, at $99 . . . kind of tempting regardless of just how useful any of the above is to you.

As a Stomp user I know I'm going to grab it, but unfortunately I blew all my money during the Christmas holidays (when I was aching for a $99 deal on Native - DOH!) but it's going to happen eventually.

3 hours ago, HeathDaddy said:

So my Helix is registered with the serial number on the site, but won't let me purchase the plugin.  I'm guessing because I bought it used.  Correct?

It's not the end of the world.  I can leave the Helix plugged in like I always have.  It would just be nice to not HAVE to, and only take my Helix out for gigs.  I certainly can't pay $399 for a  plug in when I already have the hardware.  Just doesn't make sense.  $99 is much easier to hide from the wife.  ;)

That's a bummer. I assume that yes, that's correct, though it might still be worth confirming with Line 6. For a moment I wondered how they'd know it's used unless someone else had registered it before, but I wonder if they don't grant you access until after you upload your receipt.

As you can see from what I said above, and what you probably already know, there aren't HUGE advantages to a full Helix user in having it . . . but it is kind of cool and is a very powerful plugin.

• Thanks 1