Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Jazzmann1980

Dear folks at Line 6,

please update the Firehawk FX in 2019!

suggestions:

- improve switching, it’s lagging quite a bit sometimes...

- add new effects and amps like you do with the Helix products;

I’d like to see POG and HOG effects and some new boutique pedals and amps

- improvements for the looper, increase of recording time would be nice to make it useful and also being able to eliminate a recording without starting playback for 2 seconds,  this makes the looper useless in live situation.

- overall bug fixes to add more stability to the system.

I love this product and I know it can do so much more if Line 6 puts some effort in updates.... not everyone wants to buy a Helix.....

i know im not alone here, just hope someone at Line 6 takes proper action!

thank you for your time and I’ll be waiting for feedback!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 7

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:56 AM, Jazzmann1980 said:

Dear folks at Line 6,

please update the Firehawk FX in 2019!

suggestions:

- improve switching, it’s lagging quite a bit sometimes...

- add new effects and amps like you do with the Helix products;

I’d like to see POG and HOG effects and some new boutique pedals and amps

I hate to break it to you, but you can give up on this one. THEY HAVE NEVER GIVEN THE FIREHAWK NEW AMPS OR EFFECTS.  As I understand it, it was created from day one as a budget friendly simple solution that had the best of the best of all of their old PRE Helix stuff. 

I haven't even seen any evidence that they can add new amps and effects, and I never recall in any release notes that that was in store for the future. It is what it is - a budget device carrying the best of the best of Line 6's older models and effects. 

I bought it knowing that, and it's been great at what it does. 

- improvements for the looper, increase of recording time would be nice to make it useful and also being able to eliminate a recording without starting playback for 2 seconds,  this makes the looper useless in live situation.

- overall bug fixes to add more stability to the system.

I do think bug fixes are something they still intend to correct for as long as they still sell it.  If you have bugs that occur regularly I'd submit them and we'll see what happens. I personally have weird glitchy stuff with the app itself, but over all nothing too much more crazy than any other electronic device. 

You can give up on the looper. I agree it was bad design, but that was complained about from day one, and they repeated that mistake in the HX Stomp. So far they've shown no desire to change it.

Just a tip - if you use the volume pedal you can keep that from happening. Think of it as a three button deletion. Turn volume down - delete - turn volume back up. 

I love this product and I know it can do so much more if Line 6 puts some effort in updates.... not everyone wants to buy a Helix.....

i know im not alone here, just hope someone at Line 6 takes proper action!

thank you for your time and I’ll be waiting for feedback!

I agree it's a great product. That's why at the end of the day, for $450, I think a person should be happy with it. The only product line they are currently promising to release new stuff for is the HX line. All the other lines seem to be done. 

With the HD500X they USED to release new amps and models, but then they stopped. With the Firehawk they never did (correct me if I'm wrong - but I don't recall them ever adding anything).

It is what it is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow a 2019 FHFX forum topic update!! Love the effort jazzmann and thanks to the rest of you for weighing in and trying to keep this product alive! Hey L6 we're still out there and many of us love our FHFX and not taking the leap from $350 to $1100 + (lets be realistic, the stomp and LT won’t really replace what we have in the FX). 

C'mon L6 throw us a freakin bone here - few tweaks to the unit, add a couple more amps and effects to the remote app, show us some love!

Look, I droppped all the extra gear money I had on the Powercab so we're still buying product, don’t make us all upgrade! 

Speaking of Powercab - has anybody gone this route? It takes the FX next level! Has to be the best “amp in the room” FRFR on the market!!

• Upvote 4

• 2 months later...

Sadly after the initial 3 updates in 2015 there has only been 1 firmware updates for the Firehawk FX!!! and they are usually many months apart. Here is the update history log info:

v1.01.00  5/6/15
v1.10.00  5/26/15 - 20 days
v1.20.00  9/29/15 - 4 months
v1.30.00  5/1/17 - 1 year 8 months!!

as a fellow FHFX owner, I really wish they didnt do this to those of us who paid our hard earned $ and cant afford $1k on a Helix

At the time I bought it (very late in the product life) I had no clue they wouldnt add any more updates.

Sad but true.....

Come on Line 6 at least 1 more update for SOMETHING!???

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Another Firehawk owner who'd like to see some support!

C'mon Line 6, it's the 21st century. We bought this product exactly because of the promise of connectivity. Inclusion of Bluetooth and cloud made it seem like you were going to stand behind this product for a long time. You did three updates in the first four months, one update a year and 8 months later, and we're now just two weeks shy of two years since the last update. (Weak round of applause)

Fix the looper, give us some new amps or cabs or effects, show us something! Every updateable device on the market continues to get updates, whether it's phones, tablets, computers... the Firehawk should too!

• Upvote 6

I would add to the “wish list”:

- Fix the Bluetooth connectivity in iOS, it’s very annoying that FHFX looses the connection 8 seconds after the song has started.

- Improve the tuner, please! It just need a little more to be really good: like turning the knob to get different tunings and/or MHz...

- Give it chain freedom, why is it restricted?

- Some of the “preset effects” have something wrong, if you try to use them they make the FHFX goes crazy (like incompatibility issues).

- It has the USB connectivity already working, why don’t give us a Windows & OSX editor? You already have the Helix one, this could work in FHFX with it’s obvious limitations, right? Should not be rocket science.

- You don’t have the money for development? Well, you have 2 options: you can charge us for the computer editor and extra amps/pedals/mics/ etc OR release the software  as open source!!! I bet you there are LOTS of guys out there that could make a state of the art software (I’m sure nor Zoom or Roland will steal it).

I have this pretty good hardware here with the FHFX and I am really sure it has enormous potential, let us have it or give or sell it to us! I, as a non professional player, am not interested in the Helix, it’s just too much, FX100 and FHFX opened a big market for Line 6, don’t let us down, please!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had my FHFX for almost a year now.  Using it in the band at church every week, rarely having problems, working through or around the problems and short comings I’ve run into as they’ve come up.  In reading the problem posts in the forum, I’ve come to two opinions I’ll share. (Note that I mean no offense to anyone in the user community with these points.)

1. It’s time to face facts, this product is not intended and never will be supported as a premier product.  Line 6 has provided an exceptional product for the  amateur / low budget professional to easily get some killer tones.  It is not going to provide the updates of additional amps, pedals, microphones, speakers and flexibility some of you ask for.  It’s not their business model.  If you’re absolutely obsessed with improving your tone to that degree, you will be required to buy their Helix product line.  Sorry to burst your hopes, but face it, for $400 bucks they provide a lot of great tones and flexibility.  For $1600 you get updates and premium service.

2. Now, this point is directed towards Line 6.  You have sold us a product that has bugs and does not perform as you have advertised.  I accept your plan is not to enhance the product, but your responsibility is to make it work as designed and marketed!  Remote issues, cloud issues, and additional PROBLEMS listed in this and many other threads are your responsibility!  Ignoring users that cannot properly use the device is a failure of your management.  Think of it this way, if I’m not happy with the Firehawk FX reliability (NOT ITS CAPABILITIES!) and I decide to upgrade to a premium product, why wouldn’t I choose to try another company product.  Axe FX, Boss, and others compete with Helix.  

I probably won’t be looking for a new board right away, but others may be making the decision soon.  Therefore I would suggest Line 6 consider these points and FIX THE DAMN PROBLEMS WITH THE FIREHAWK FX!!!

Thanks...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I’m in the same boat. It’s very frustrating to know a company with the integrity that line 6 has is not more responsive to these issues. I just want this platform to perform and operate as advertised and promised. 

Please live up to your obligations. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Dear Line 6:

I have been abandoned twice now. The last update for the amplifi 150 was may 2017 and the last update for the Firehawk FX was 2 weeks before that... iOS was in version 7, now about to 13. Mac OS X was 10.9, now MacOS is about to be 10.15.

Been crickets for two years. Are we done?

How about just making it so it does not make strange noise when changing effects? I get this echoing chime sound sometimes.

I fixed all my Firehawk issues with one simple update.....bought a Headrush. 

Don't get me wrong, I really like my Firehawk, but it seems like the patches weren't very "professional".  Not that I'm good enough to sound like a professional, but the sound that comes from the Headrush is more grown-up, so-to-speak.

Google Choptones.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well..... I brought the line 6 Firehawk First and then... I brought the HX Stomp.... Guess What !!!!!...……

The Firehawk  in my opinion the better of the two unit(s)....  I when back to the Firehawk.... Because... 

1. For Playing Out on Stage..... Firehawk is Better then the HX Stomp....

2. Sound of the Amps though the Powered PA's... Firehawk was Better....

3. Firehawk was also simplistic.... KISS System.... Better then the HX Stomp....

I think that Line 6 should go back and revaluate the Firehawk Line of products....  

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2019 at 12:33 PM, Essling said:

I have an issue with the tuner. It will not stay on. Any solutions out there?

Do you have a video showing this. never heard of such an issue.

Perhaps submit a ticket to Line6 to get some help to resolve it

good luck

• 8 months later...

I too wish that there were a few updates here and there.  I get that it's not the Helix, but nobody expects to buy a device like this for a one-and-done purchase - especially when everything is software upgradable these days.  When I'm ready to go for a more expensive unit, I may lean on Fractal or Kemper instead of the Helix, simply due to this inconsistency on Line 6's product development and upgrades.  Something for the marketing folks to ponder...

27 minutes ago, cvreno said:

I too wish that there were a few updates here and there.  I get that it's not the Helix, but nobody expects to buy a device like this for a one-and-done purchase - especially when everything is software upgradable these days.  When I'm ready to go for a more expensive unit, I may lean on Fractal or Kemper instead of the Helix, simply due to this inconsistency on Line 6's product development and upgrades.  Something for the marketing folks to ponder...

Well, the more comparable product line to the Kemper or Axe FX is definitely the Helix stuff. You’re comparing a product that sells for $450 to ones that sell for multiple times more. Line 6 has been continually providing updates for the Helix since it was first released in 2015. The Firehawk was launched sort of a “best of” from the POD Farm and HD series products, both of which were mature product lines when the Firehawk launched. There have been a few usability upgrades for the Firehawk, but not anything in the way of new features. I really never expected there to be.

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I'd also like to see some updates to the Firehawk. The Helix is not budget friendly whatsoever, and for basement players like myself its just not worth the money for a helix, even the LT is too much money. The Firehawk is a perfectly good unit and has everything I need, just could use some software updates.