Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Accidental Looper Engaged Help!

Hi Folks,

Anyone encounter this issue?  I play in a three piece, lead vocals and guitar, there is a lot happening on stage and more than once i have accidentally hit the looper function instead of fs4. while toe tapping and had some nasty loops kick in in mid song!!!

Is there any way to completely disengage the looper on the hd500x?

I saw a post that suggested wrapping an elastic band around the switch but wanted to hear if you have had the same experience and what your solution was...

cheers!!

Thanks Yeah... its a pity you cant treat the looper as a standard effects block that you can simply remove it for some patches... and add it in as needed....

Would be curious to hear of any pod users that use the looper function extensively that warrants having it as a 'hard coded' feature

Thanks

that would be a rare bird i'm thinking...

for me at least the looper is a great tool, and a nice addition... but not performance worthy...

in fact i bought a boss rc300 for my looping needs.

Thanks Yeah... its a pity you cant treat the looper as a standard effects block that you can simply remove it for some patches... and add it in as needed....

Would be curious to hear of any pod users that use the looper function extensively that warrants having it as a 'hard coded' feature

Thanks

Yeah, setting off the looper accidentally during a performance would not be good. It's unfortunate that it isn't treated like an FX block that you can add or not. Or have some way of disabling it on a per patch basis, or globally. It's a nice feature in a way for testing sounds & recording a simple phrase to solo on top of, but it's too limited for most performances. I'm glad to have it because I wanted to start experimenting with looping, but I have mixed feelings when companies include stripped down features like this in their products. I would have rather had Line 6 put the resources & DSP into better sounds & features of the base product & leave it up to the end user to add a dedicated looper in a separate unit.

I'll have to try the rubber band thing or tape a cap over that switch for my next performance so I don't set it off at an inopportune moment.