Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Model Packs Not For Hd500(x)?

BlessureK

I just bought Metal Shop under the impression it could be used on my HD500X. I've got it in License Manager but I don't know where to find an install file? Did I stupidly just buy something I can't use?

Are the model packs not for the HD series? All I want is the Big Bottom :(

Here's some potentially helpful info for you....from the FAQs on the Model Packs pages.

How do I return my purchased license?
Each Line 6 license (except iLok) includes a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can log on to your Line 6 account, visit the Purchase History page, click the Details link for the order and click on "Return". You must have fully deauthorized all of your devices using License Manager before the return process can begin. After deauthorizing your devices and completing the return process, you can re-authorize your devices to use with any remaining licenses.

It's always good to check the compatibility for anything that you buy before you buy it. This information is on the front page of the model pack page for every pack. For example, the compatibility for the Metal Shop pack is below. Really difficult to miss, actually. 

cWmQnyR.png

• 2 months later...

Does anybody know what a good substitute for the Big Bottom amp model would be on the 500X?

Let the experimenting begin...it' sucks, but it's the only thing that's gonna work in the long run. I'd love ready made patches that sound amazing through my rig, but there are just too many variables. What sounds great to me through my gear might be nails on a chalkboard to you. Just the nature of the beast.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

It's always good to check the compatibility for anything that you buy before you buy it. This information is on the front page of the model pack page for every pack. For example, the compatibility for the Metal Shop pack is below. Really difficult to miss, actually. 

cWmQnyR.png

Hi, I agree on the fact that one must read this compatibilities lists; BUT I downloaded Metal Pack for my X3 Live (not in this list) and it WORKS perfetly!!! Now I just bought the HD500x and I can't see it in the License Manager, but it clearly states somewhere here that if you cannot see it, it's because it's no compatible. So no, Metal Pack is not compatible with HD500x. I downloaded HD Metal pack and it's just OK, I mean not as good as normal Metal Pack... I hope it gets improved soon.

the x3 live comes with all the model packs... which is why its not on the list..... because its built in for free.... no idea why you paid....

Hi, I agree on the fact that one must read this compatibilities lists; BUT I downloaded Metal Pack for my X3 Live (not in this list) and it WORKS perfetly!!! Now I just bought the HD500x and I can't see it in the License Manager, but it clearly states somewhere here that if you cannot see it, it's because it's no compatible. So no, Metal Pack is not compatible with HD500x. I downloaded HD Metal pack and it's just OK, I mean not as good as normal Metal Pack... I hope it gets improved soon.

• 5 months later...

There are four model pacs compatible with the 500x:  HD Metal, HD Vintage, HD Bass and HD Fully Loaded ( all 3 ).. Big bottom is in the HD Metal Pack.  I own both the metal and vintage packs.

http://store.line6.com/software/model-packs.html?compatible_product=11

HD Metal Pack 
Model Name -- Modeled After
PV Panama  -- Peavey® 5150® (Block logo)
Mahadeva -- Bogner® Shiva
Brit 2204 -- Remastered Marshall® JCM800 (Model 2204)
Line 6 Insane -- Line 6 Original
Line 6 Big Bottom -- Line 6 Original
Line 6 Variac'ed Plexi -- Line 6 Original
Line 6 Purge -- Line 6 Original
Line 6 Aggro -- Line 6 Original
Line 6 Smash -- Line 6 Original
Line 6 Octone -- Line 6 Original
--
HD Vintage Pack --
Model Name -- Modeled After
Jazz Rivet  -- Roland® JC-120
Small Tweed -- Fender® Champ® (Tweed)     
Mandarin 80 -- Orange® OR80
A30 Fawn Nrm -- VOX® AC30 (Fawn Normal Ch.)
A30 Fawn Brt -- VOX® AC30 (Fawn Bright Ch.)
Line 6 Acoustic -- Line 6 Original
Black Panel Pete -- Pete Anderson Custom 
Roland® JC-120 2x12 CAB --
Fender® Champ® 1x8 CAB      --