Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Advantages of g75 amp top over the g70 stomp box?

RobWelsh

What is the advantage of the amp top model (75) over the stomp box (70) one? It strikes me that the stomp box could be placed on top of an amp just as easily but has the additional versatility to be good for putting on the floor if needed. They both seem to have the same features and display so what might I be missing that might make me consider a 75 over a 70?

(I will be getting one or the other, I just want to be sure I have full understanding before making choice)

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, RobWelsh said:

Thanks a ton. That is a good point and supports my suspicion that the lower number is the superior unit.

If you have a rack setup and don't want the unit on the floor, the G75 is better... The G70 is designed mainly to work with pedalboards. The G75 may have a slightly larger range in real life applications simply because being elevated means it may give you a clearer line of sight. I'm not sure if I'd say either is superior as much as they're just different.

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2019 at 8:59 AM, phil_m said:

If you have a rack setup and don't want the unit on the floor, the G75 is better... The G70 is designed mainly to work with pedalboards. The G75 may have a slightly larger range in real life applications simply because being elevated means it may give you a clearer line of sight. I'm not sure if I'd say either is superior as much as they're just different.

I left an otherwise perfectly good and comparable Shure GLXD16 for this reason.  It was a great wireless with a great range, great sound, and I actually preferred the ruggedness of the body pack and rechargeable battery on the shure over the relay, but I was having line of sight issues with it being on the floor that my guitar player was not getting using a rack unit.