Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Relay G10s wireless with jtv

I'm considering buying this as my first wireless unit.   Should work fine with my old stratocaster but with my JTV59 variax  it will be problematic.   Without the special VDI cable you have to rely on the variax battery and it doesn't work as well with the Helix on a regular guitar cable.

https://www.amazon.com/Line-Digital-Wireless-Relay-G10S/dp/B07KCYZNTY

Is this a question or a statement? I've used the G10 with my JTV a lot of the last two years. You lose the control and power from the VDI connection, of course, and you have to use the battery, as you said. But, overall it still works great. It just depends what functionality you want more - the control or the freedom of not using a cable. There's nothing really problematic about it, unless you consider using the battery in and of itself to be problematic.

22 hours ago, Indianrock2020 said:

I'm considering buying this as my first wireless unit.   Should work fine with my old stratocaster but with my JTV59 variax  it will be problematic.   Without the special VDI cable you have to rely on the variax battery and it doesn't work as well with the Helix on a regular guitar cable.

https://www.amazon.com/Line-Digital-Wireless-Relay-G10S/dp/B07KCYZNTY

Yes, that's all a given...

Wireless VDI ain't coming anytime soon, and there's a distinct possibility that we'll never see it at all. So, you either go wireless and lose Helix control of the guitar, or you deal with a cable. Either way, there's not much to discuss... it is what it is.