Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No Volume In Topology 3 After Repair For Technical Bulletin 059

BlueD

I brought my amp to service after receiving the notification for the Technical Bulletin 059 from line6. I brought it to King Amplification of Santa Clara, California, and when I went in to try the amp again, the topology 3 of the amp didn't work anymore.

They didn't tell me anything about it before I went in and I'm pretty sure they didn't even bother to test the amp when they put it together after the service... they asked me money to diagnose the problem on the spot (you need very, very big balls to ask money to diagnose an amp you just broke).

Anyways, anybody knows if servicing the amp could lead to that kind of problem, or what could be the issue? A loose cable, a valve that came off the socket... anything else?

If it's something easy to fix I would like to do it myself (I'm an engineer, although I different kind of engineer...).

thanks everybody!

You might try going through the topography combinations on the working NFLs....Class A, AB, Pentode Triode....If all the combinations work on NFL1,2 and 4....then I tend to think that would eliminate tubes as a culprit...I do think that you should contact Line 6 directly by telephone and inform them about this...That just doesn't seem like things went like they should have...

• 2 weeks later...

You might try a Factory Reset.

Factory Reset Procedures in this Document:

http://line6.com/media/dt50/DT_MIDIGuide_v2_0_RevA_English.pdf

I'm pretty sure the difference in "Topologies" is implemented similar to a digital bank switch.

After the reset, use one of the outstanding DT editor programs, to check the settings.  Try different settings as Space suggested, just to see if these make any difference.