Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Reaper not seeing Helix Native Demo

HelixCustomer

I'm trying to install the Helix Native demo with a view to purchasing it, but despite completing the installation process as directed several times, I cannot see any sign of it appearing in the list of plugins available to Reaper in my MacBook Pro 2018, (running  OS High Sierra). Can anyone advise what I might be doing wrong?  All other plugins seem to go on ok, it's just this one that seems to be invisible to Reaper.

Thankyou if anyone can make any suggestions. 

1) Make sure the path to the plugins is correct.

Options>Preferences>Plug-ins (left nav)>VST (left nav)>VST plug-in paths

Add the path to the Helix Native (x64).vst3 file if it's not in the list already.  I don't know where that is in a Mac.  You'll need to check the default install location.

Then use Re-scan to have Reaper look at everything again.  If that doesn't work, try Clear cache/re-scan instead - which will take longer.

Thanks for replying, much appreciated.  -  I tried following what you've said and got as far as     "Options>Preferences>Plug-ins (left nav)>VST (left nav)>VST plug-in paths"  - but having got  to the plugin paths  stage I can't see how to proceed from there. I can't see how to add a path to Helix Native (x64).vst3 file,  as I can't see any list of plugins to select it from.  Nothing apart from  this box as pictured. So basically I get lost at that stage. Can you clarify where I should look from there?        

Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 19.03.14.png

On 2/6/2019 at 12:04 PM, HelixCustomer said:

Thanks for replying, much appreciated.  -  I tried following what you've said and got as far as     "Options>Preferences>Plug-ins (left nav)>VST (left nav)>VST plug-in paths"  - but having got  to the plugin paths  stage I can't see how to proceed from there. I can't see how to add a path to Helix Native (x64).vst3 file,  as I can't see any list of plugins to select it from.  Nothing apart from  this box as pictured. So basically I get lost at that stage. Can you clarify where I should look from there?        

Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 19.03.14.png

Hi HelixCustomer,

See the "Edit" button to the right of the list of file locations?  

Click it. 

Then click Add. 

Then browse to the folder that holds the Helix plugin and choose the folder

Or you can just type into that field directly.  Add a ; to the end and type in the path.

As for what the proper path is, I can't tell you that.  You presumably installed Helix to the default path, or you changed it during installation to some other location. 

I'm not a Mac user, so I don't know what the default location is.  If you don't either, look it up in the manual maybe, or try searching for the .vst3 file.

Thanks for that.  I successfully managed to at least locate a Line 6 folder that way, so I clicked on that Line 6 folder (inside VST3)  and it's now listed under the add button (when clicking on that one), as pictured in the top half of the screen shot. - So at least  Reaper presumably now at least knows there is a Line 6 folder  present on the computer.

However it still doesn't seem  to be aware of anything inside the Line 6 folder, as when I now actually try and load Plugins onto a Reaper track, selecting the VST3 section as pictured in the second (lower) screen shot doesn't reveal any Helix Native inside that,  just the same plugins that were already there still appearing as the only options.

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious, -  but any further directions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 18.06.59.png