Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

hx fx/4CM: routing/wiring help needed!

rudomat

my wiring: 

el. guit - hx in L - Y-split - balance B left100/balance A right100 - path B: pre fx - send1/2 Pan left100 (send1) - ext. amp in - amp send - hx in R: path A post fx - main L/R Pan left100 (main L out) - amp return

that works great for my electr. preset...now switching to my acoustic (same cable) i´d like that: 

acc.guit - hx in L - splitA/B route to B100 - path B - send1/2 Pan right100 (send2) - ext. acc. preamp - hx return2 (hardware) - in pathA: return2 block - fx - main L/R out Pan right100 (main R out) - PA acc. channel

now that second preset is not working...why? is there a chance to get it done that way...? i´ll attach both presets...thanks a lot!

image.png.e51fd8e26abf3c264a4eb714010791f2.png

acoustic new.hlx

clean.hlx

I can't open HX Effects patches... and to be honest, I'm not really following what the actual problem is. 

1. Are you saying the acoustic patch does not work? In what way? 
  2. Is your electric and acoustic patch actual separate patches, or are you trying to do 2 separate paths?

This is kind of rough for me too because I feel like if I could see your presets I could figure out the problem, but I don't have an HX Effects so I can't open them - and to be honest I'm having a tiny bit of a problem following your details.

One thing that confuses me is it sounds like you're trying to do a simple 4 cable method but you got pans and balance shifts going all over the place. 

Maybe if you explained what the purpose of the pans and balance shifts were?  To me the best way to 4 cable is the way the factory presets are constructed in the HX Effects, which goes like this (and doesn't use any path A or B):

Wiring:

1. Guitar in left/mono in.

2. 1/4 guitar cable from FX send to guitar in on amp.

3. 1/4 guitar cable from amp's FX Send to FX Return on HX Effects.

4. 1/4 guitar cable from L/Mono output on HX Effects to FX Return on amp.

Signal path template (no dual paths)

1. effects blocks of choice before pre amp

2. FX send and return block placed PRIOR to the effects you want after the pre amp.

3. Post pre amp effects.

That's it. Acoustic guitar travels the entire route, and your effects work perfectly both before and after. I'm not saying there's never a time to get more creative, but without knowing the reason the simpler versions are usually the best.

Is there something about the standard factory preset templates that you didn't like for your setup?  Because otherwise my suggestion would be that once you ensure the cables are set up correctly to simple copy and past one of those into a new area and tweak it to your liking.

54 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

This is kind of rough for me too because I feel like if I could see your presets I could figure out the problem, but I don't have an HX Effects so I can't open them - and to be honest I'm having a tiny bit of a problem following your details.

One thing that confuses me is it sounds like you're trying to do a simple 4 cable method but you got pans and balance shifts going all over the place. 

Maybe if you explained what the purpose of the pans and balance shifts were?  To me the best way to 4 cable is the way the factory presets are constructed in the HX Effects, which goes like this (and doesn't use any path A or B):

Wiring:

1. Guitar in left/mono in.

2. 1/4 guitar cable from FX send to guitar in on amp.

3. 1/4 guitar cable from amp's FX Send to FX Return on HX Effects.

4. 1/4 guitar cable from L/Mono output on HX Effects to FX Return on amp.

Signal path template (no dual paths)

1. effects blocks of choice before pre amp

2. FX send and return block placed PRIOR to the effects you want after the pre amp.

3. Post pre amp effects.

That's it. Acoustic guitar travels the entire route, and your effects work perfectly both before and after. I'm not saying there's never a time to get more creative, but without knowing the reason the simpler versions are usually the best.

Is there something about the standard factory preset templates that you didn't like for your setup?  Because otherwise my suggestion would be that once you ensure the cables are set up correctly to simple copy and past one of those into a new area and tweak it to your liking.

thanks...the reason is, that this way i don´t need an fx-loop block...;-)

meanwhile i´ve got it working...just a little problem left...no idea, why this happens...when i turn the PAN on the main out L/R all the way to the left, signal is coming only out of the left main output, as it should do, but when i turn that PAN parameter to 100% right, there´s a little signal left on the left side as well....not much...just  little...why could that be....?