Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can't adjust volume on some downloaded patches

stevet413

Hi

I've downloaded several great patches for the POD HD500X, but they don't seem to respond to the volume pedal. Some of the patches such as Luke, Luke2, Bogner Shiva Distortion Fusion don't have the volume pedal listed in the effects view. However, even when I add volume pedal as a selection, it doesn't seem to affect the volume. The patches work great if I'm in a controlled environment (like my basement), but I can't use them in a live gig because I can't adjust the volume on the fly. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks - Steve

No problem. I'm pretty experienced. I've done a lot with classical, acoustic and electric. I gig regularly. That said, hit me with something basic if it will help. I've had the POD HD500X for about a year. Just started downloading patches recently. I've put mics on my amp and checked the volume in Pro Tools ranging from 0 to 100 on the POD. It barely changes the volume on the mixer. Anything you can offer would be appreciated

Can you share the patch in question?

If it's a patch you paid for and can't share it I suggest you ask the creator. 

On 2/5/2019 at 8:36 PM, stevet413 said:

I'm pretty experienced. I've done a lot with classical, acoustic and electric. I gig regularly.

Your ability as a musician won't always translate to your abilities with the HD500.... 

Do you know how to program it? Do you know how to assign footswitches, expression pedals, change parameters, etc...etc...?

On 2/4/2019 at 7:58 PM, stevet413 said:

I've downloaded several great patches for the POD HD500X, but they don't seem to respond to the volume pedal.

If the patch doesn't have a volume block inserted and/or if the patch doesn't have the expression pedal assigned to something that controls the volume - then the volume pedal will not do anything. 

Ultimately... if a patch is too loud or too quiet compared to other patches in the rig, you will adjust those to match using either the "channel volume" or the "mixer volume" (mixer is available on every patch) then store it. You don't need the volume pedal to adjust it unless you want a volume pedal in your chain. 

On 2/4/2019 at 7:58 PM, stevet413 said:

However, even when I add volume pedal as a selection, it doesn't seem to affect the volume.

When you add a Volume Pedal block it will automatically assign EXP2 to control the volume. The next step in the equation is to make sure your expression pedal is set to EXP2. If it is on EXP1, you change it to EXP2 with the TOE switch under the pedal.