Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Change Amp Channel Using Pod Live X3

anihilus

Is it possible to change amp channel using POD Live X3 on a classic tube amp? Like a Peavey 5150? 
I am using the POD in the effects chain (send/return), and I would like to change amp channel when I change the preset on the POD.But the amp does not have a midi in. 

not possible if your amp does not have a midi in...

likely not possible if your amp did have a midi in... 

basically you can't control what midi the pod puts out... so it depends on your ability to tell the amp what to respond to....

or potentially use an intermediate translation device of some sort.... none of which applies here... sorry.

• 3 months later...

I don't think the POD can directly switch your 5150, but there are various units out there that the POD can control via midi to control your 5150.  I use an old Rockman Midi Octopus to switch my 5150, to control both channel switching and effects loop on/off.  They're no longer made but you can sometimes find them on eBay.  Another one I see on eBay quite often is the Rocktron Patchmate Loop 8 which can do the same thing.

I have one of the old Peavey 5150 two-channel half stacks.  The channel/effects loop switching input on the back of the 5150 takes a 1/4" TRS jack, so you just need to buy a 1/4" TRS jack that splits into two 1/4" TS jack cables (one TS to control channel switching and the other TS to control effects loop on/off).

• 11 months later...