Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is controlling two presets with a single foot-switch a "thing"?

mitchmarkell

The other day I accidentally assigned a preset to a foot-switch that was already assigned to another preset. The result appeared to be that then both presets were being controlled by the same switch, - although it was not clear how to toggle back and forth between the two to configure each one individually. My question is: Is that really a "thing"? And if it is (and I hope it is); how do you toggle back and fourth etc. The application would be like a specific 10 band EQ could always accompany a specific amp when active. But not effect the chain when deactivated. 

Please advise.  

Not entirely sure what you're asking, and I think we're getting lost in the terminology here...are you taking about an individual block, a snapshot, or the entire patch (preset) itself? 

You can't assign more than one preset to the same footswitch, for obvious reasons... only one patch can be loaded at any given time. You can assign more than one FX block to a given footswitch, if that's what you're asking. Snapshot mode will also do what you're looking for... each snapshot will instantly recall the state of every block in the signal chain, with each block toggled on or off, and/or individual FX parameter changes made, as desired... all with one click, and without the audio drop-out that companies a patch change. 

The same footswitch can control multiple block bypass states. For example, I use this to control two delays in my common patch: one is a quick slap-back with no repeats, the other is a more complex, richer, longer delay delay with repeats, modulation, etc. One footswitch toggles between the two since I use one or the other all the time. To do this, you simply assign the same footswitch to different block bypass states. Then use the bypass button to set the blocks in the starting state you want, one off, the other on: for example, slap-back on, long delay off. Save the patch. Then pressing the footswitch will toggle the bypass state of both blocks, turning the slap-back off, and the long delay on.

I think you're right cruisinon2 the terminology is half the battle. I guess I don't know what a "patch" is. But you both have answered my original question. Controlling the state of two blocks (either active or bypassed) with a single foot-switch IS a thing. So thanks. That's cool. 

Now what is a "patch"?